- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Controller leads the organization's general accounting, cost accounting, financial reporting and treasury operations and will supervise four employees who support our operations in Totowa, NJ, Manchester, NH and Monroe, WA. The position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is based in our Totowa, NJ facility. The position has routine interaction with the executive management team and will help guide the company's strategic financial decisions and play an integral part in the growth and financial health of the business.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
• Manage the activities of the Assistant Controller, Staff Accountant, A/R Specialist and A/P Specialist, and provide assistance, guidance, training and support as needed
• Develop a process-driven and proactive accounting department
• Oversee the monthly close process and generate consolidated financial statements in a timely manner
• Drive continuous improvements to the speed, quality, and understanding of financial results
• Complete analysis of monthly results and provide explanations for any significant variances to forecast
• Supervise the treasury function including customer collections, borrowing on credit line, approval of payments and daily reconciliation of cash balances
• Take a leadership role in providing technical accounting support to the organization
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures as well as controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
• Work with plant teams to maintain strong inventory controls and lead monthly cycle counting efforts
• Maintain labor and overhead rates for our manufacturing plants to ensure accurate costing of products
• Ensure monthly reconciliations are completed on significant accounts
• As the primary liaison to the external auditors, candidate will supervise and deliver audit requests in support of the annual audit
• Work with external tax advisors to oversee processes around federal and state tax returns
• Coordinate annual insurance renewal process as well as occasional activities involving claims or issuing insurance certificates
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
• Participate in future ERP upgrade / implementation initiatives
• Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the competencies (minimum knowledge, skill, and ability) required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with increasing levels of responsibility to include supervising others
- ERP systems experience required
- Strong technical accounting background with multi-company financial reporting and consolidation experience
- Cost accounting experience, especially with setting labor and overhead rates for a manufacturing facility
- Strong spreadsheet and presentation software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid business acumen with demonstrated ability to analyze and present complex financial data and draw conclusions and inferences from data
- Excellent organizational, collaboration and communication skills with the ability to influence across functions
- Ability to be a strategic and proactive contributor, setting a clear roadmap for the controllership function while maintaining focus on day-to-day tactical activities and tasks
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet deadlines
- Able to travel to company manufacturing sites as needed
Physical Demands/Work Environment (The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Works in a typical office environment For extended periods of time.
Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate office equipment
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and fingers, including typing.
Intent and Function of Job Descriptions
Job Descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are a/so essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of an effective compensation program.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job Descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer
Medin Technologies, Inc a Velocity medtech Company
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accountant Financial Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.