Welcome to the southeast of Ohio. As our guest you will experience unparalleled quality, variety and enjoyment. From relaxing outdoor recreation to notable historical sites, from unique shopping and fine dining, to insightful manufacturing tours, we have it all. The people of our County look forward to hosting you for a memorable visit. Their warm welcome will reflect the friendly spirit of middle America and the hospitality of the heartland.
Must be a Surgical Technologist with the formal education to be considered for this position!
Currently seeking a surgical technologist to fill a position with a not-for-profit organization in the Cambridge, OH area. The ideal candidate will be a graduate of an accredited surgical tech program and have experience in the healthcare industry.
Responsibilities of the Surgical Technologist
- Assist in the care of patients under the direction of an RN or LPN in an operating room/surgery environment.
- Perform technical duties requiring the use of prescribed procedures and judgment in anticipation of the needs of the surgeon during procedures for all patients.
- Gather and prepare all required and anticipated supplies for any surgical procedures according to the physician’s surgical preference cards along with other members of the surgical team.
- Clean, package, and prepare surgical instrumentation and supplies for sterilization using steam autoclaves, steris, evotech.
- Maintain a working knowledge of hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired regarding personal, financial, medical or employment of patients, families, and employees of hospital.
- Follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients and hospital.
- Complete any other assigned duties requested by charge nurse or director.
Requirements of the Surgical Technologist
- Graduate of an accredited surgical tech program
- Scrub tech certification highly desired
- Experience in the healthcare field
- Able to follow instructions according to department and hospital standards under the supervision of a licensed medical professional
- PC skills or applicable computer experience
- Must obtain and keep current CPR certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under stressful conditions