We are growing and need skilled Pharmacy Technicians for our non-retail position! Would you like to expand your career as a Pharmacy Technician in an office setting, with great opportunities for advancement?
Who we are:
MRIoA is an Independent Review Organization who provides Medical Claims Reviews and Prior Authorizations to insurance companies and pharmacies. We have a solid history (36 years) of excellent, and have never laid off an employee!
Position is located in Salt Lake City, UT.
Staff position responsible for carrying out day-to-day departmental tasks and complete all processes for screening incoming pharmacy review requests and/or completing review for client.
Major Responsibilities or Assigned Duties:
1. Screen incoming pharmacy review requests for completeness of materials required to conduct the review of the case.
2. Prepare, organize, distribute and present records, materials and forms required for a complete pharmacy case review packet for Reviewers.
3. Identify appropriate Reviewers for pharmacy case review assignment including: determine their availability for a review assignment and obtain information for delivery of the case to the Reviewer if applicable.
4. Contact clients to resolve questions, obtain information, records and/or materials needed for a pharmacy case review and resolve issues about active cases.
5. Respond to Reviewers’ requests for additional information/materials necessary for a review and notify clients and other internal departments of these needs, as applicable.
6. Coordinate and record phone consultations between Reviewers and practitioners/providers/facilities that are party to a review case as applicable.
7. Create and maintain an in-house review file for each active pharmacy case.
8. Respond to inquiries from clients, other entities referring pharmacy cases for review and practitioners/providers/facilities.
You Will Also:
- Enjoy the opportunity to work with healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and pharmacists.
- Participate in ample growth and training opportunities (we promote from within, with lots of opportunities).
- Appreciate our very generous benefits package.
- Feel a part of our team atmosphere with contests and prizes; enjoy company-provided soda/drinks, fruit and occasional lunches.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-functioning environment and meet deadlines while managing multiple high priorities.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
3. Personal computer literacy and high competency in use of Microsoft Word.
4. Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
1. Minimum of one year in a similar operation REQUIRED (health insurance, healthcare and/or managed care setting).
2. Minimum of one year pharmacy experience STRONGLY preferred.
Office environment: Ability to sit at a desk, utilize computer, telephone and basic office equipment is required.
NOTE: $500 Hiring Bonus to be paid after successful completion of 6 months of employment.
Qualifications and Skills
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum one year retail or other pharmacy experience or Pharmacy Tech certification strongly preferred.