Medical Recruitment Startegies San Luis Obispo, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: The Compounding Pharmacy Technician must have a broad knowledge of practice and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, and package and process medications in a pharmacy. High Risk Sterile Compounding experience required with 1+ years of compounding experience preferred. The Compounding Pharmacy Technician must be willing to take directions while working under the direction of a Pharmacist and Director and be able to work with the compounding team successfully. You must have good communication skills to inform management of anything critical. You need to be able to adjust to changes daily and be the positive reinforcement for the team in the clean room. Due to the critical nature of many common pharmacy duties, the Compounding Pharmacy Technician must enjoy performing precise work, where details can be a matter of health. Even if a task is repetitive, this position requires the ability to complete the task accurately every time. The compound pharmacy technician must also be able to maintain this accuracy even in stressful or emergency situations. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential for the Compound Pharmacy Technician, who must interact with pharmacy co-workers, patients, and other health care professionals. This position will be working collaboratively with other Compounding Technicians to fill client orders.
1. Preparation and compounding of sterile products
2. Maintaining the pharmacy clean room to USP 797 and USP 800 requirements
3. Performs area clearance and verifies batch supplies and enters data in the computer system.
4. Documentation of IV admixture and clean room sterility testing
5. Properly use all equipment in the lab that is necessary to make the compound.
6. Assembles, inspects and verifies compounding components.
7. Calibration and proper documentation of scales, electronic meters, etc.
8. Follow all safety and USP guidelines for preparation of compounding I.V. solutions
9. Complete order entry and refills under the supervision of the Pharmacist in Charge
10. Complete appropriate documentation such as labels, log sheets, and reports in a timely manner
11. Assist with inventory management and storage
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Technician must hold valid and current CA Pharmacy Technician license
3. National certification (PTCB) preferred, but not required
4. 1+ years High Risk sterile compounding preferred
5. Ability to stand for long periods of time while working under a vertical or horizontal hood
6. Must be capable of wearing all protective wear as required by the facility SOPs. This includes, but not
limited to: mask, gloves, gown, hairnet, safety goggles, etc.
7. Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
8. Previous work experience in a Pharmacy