The compounding pharmacy technician is responsible for performing non-sterile lab operations in coordination with the Staff Pharmacist and serving customers in a friendly and professional manner. The compounding pharmacy technician will be expected to be competent in compounding techniques and safe handling procedures for all dosage forms available through the pharmacy. The compounding pharmacy technician is also expected to assist with the pharmacy’s inventory management.
Job activities and responsibilities:
• Obtain proper materials or chemicals as instructed
• Perform general non-sterile compounding duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
• Affix appropriate labels to final prescription product
• Compound medication or chemicals into proper dosage forms safely and accurately
• Use of electronic compounding software
• Operate and maintaining complicated pharmacy equipment
• Monitor compounding environment and maintain and update pharmacy logs
• Monitor inventory needs
• Clean the compounding area daily and as needed
• Respect and maintain confidentiality guidelines of HIPAA
• Answer and referring customer questions as appropriate
• Maintain quality assurance
• Maintains a familiarity and compliance with compounding standards, including USP < 795 > and < 800 >
• Understands and follows all Standard Operating Procedures
• Manages time well to allow for periods of high volume and rush orders
• Effectively communicate with customers and all staff members
• Maintain a positive and friendly attitude
• Any other responsibilities as deemed necessary that is within the scope of a pharmacy technician
• 1 year of technician experience in any setting is preferred.
• Strong math skills
• Must be able to undergo respirator fit testing - Full beards or a lot of facial hair may prevent a proper seal for the respirator
• Must be licensed and certified - National Pharmacy Tech (CPhT) required.
• Must be able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
• Have appropriate dexterity to adequately perform job duties that involve dealing with sensitive materials and equipment.
Medical Recruitment Startegies