1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Current California nursing licensure in good standing.
3. Maintains current BLS certification.
1. Professional behavior is demonstrated, both when on duty and as a representative of MMHD outside of normal work hours.
2. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
3. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
4. A positive working relationship with patients, visitors, and facility staff is demonstrated.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly to directors, managers, and coworkers.
10. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, to include proper spelling and grammar, reference materials, and minimal mathematical calculation.
11. Takes direction from others to include those employees of other departments with which he/she works on a temporary basis in accordance with the chain of command.
12. Maintains all information as confidential as appropriate, to include payroll, personnel information, and other information obtained during the course of performing job duties that is confidential.
13. Demonstrates ability to effectively use office machines in the performance of job functions.
14. Answers phone calls, assists public, and forwards appropriately if necessary and in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient’s immediate condition or needs within time frame specified by facilities policy and procedures or protocols. Notifies Charge Nurse and MD of abnormal findings.
2. Develops plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
3. Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Performs all assigned tasks accurately (e.g., EKGs, etc.). Keep work area and assigned rooms clean. Provide fresh drinking water for patients every 4 hours or more as needed. Restock storage area.
5. Provides individualized patient/family education.
6. Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
7. Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to appropriate resuscitation protocols.
8. Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and facility staff.
9. Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
10. Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
11. Adheres to standards of safety and infection control in delivery of patient care.
12. Assists nursing staff in other departments, as requested and if qualified, when need arises.
13. Maintains current CPR certification.
14. Works with other departments in coordinating smooth transfer of patients for procedures or diagnostic tests. AM blood draws and specimen collection as ordered by a physician
15. Assumes professional responsibility for assuring patient care is of the highest standards possible. Communicates questions about appropriateness of medical or nursing care through chain of command, as needed.
16. Follows procedure for medication administration and narcotics control. Documents medications and nursing care in a timely and accurate manner.
17. Assists with direct patient care, as needed. Assures that call lights are answered promptly and that nursing care assigned to CNA’s are completed and documented according to facility policy & procedures.
18. Responds to emergency situations appropriately; notifies all staff, family & physician in a timely manner. Carries out emergency orders quickly and efficiently. Documents same in the patient’s record. Does follow up as needed.
19. Works under the direction of the Charge Nurse to provide nursing care to acute patients. End of shift walking rounds to maintain continuity of care. Make observation, acute and swing bed charts as needed. Make copies as needed to keep paper supplies stocked.
1. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and professional.
2. Completes annual education requirements if applicable.
3. Maintains regulatory requirements.
4. Wears identification while on duty.
5. Attends annual evaluation and participates actively in this process.
6. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time.
7. Attends all meetings as appropriate.
8. Exhibits the mission, ethics and goals of Mayers Memorial Hospital District in the performance of job duties.
1. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
2. Is involved with personnel, visitors and government agencies, etc., when necessary.
3. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with other personnel, clients and support agencies.
1. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, walks and moves intermittently during working hours.
2. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Medical Recruiting Strategies