Title: Medical Director
We are seeking an Medical Director to join our practice
The Medical Director (MD) under direction of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in a given hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. A MD should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience and leadership skills are a must for this position.
- Ability to take information obtained from clients, staff, and other sources, discern that which is credible, and assess the hospital and/or a situation objectively.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with high levels of stress in an environment of changing priorities.
- Is able to take charge, initiate actions, hold people accountable, and delegate responsibilities in such a way as to achieve positive results.
- Is capable of, and willing to work the hours necessary to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
- Preferably a board certified Internal Medicine Specialist or Criticalist and have at least 5-years’ experience in a leadership role. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent from an accredited university
• Competitive salary plus bonus potential
• Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
• Generous CE allowance
• Opportunity to teach and mentor
• Life and Long Term Disability insurance
• Professional Liability coverage
Thanks & Regards