Position: Front Office Receptionist
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Front Office Receptionist works under direct supervision of the Operations Manager for daily procedures to include insurance verification, referral management, insurance claim processing, and front desk procedures. The environment is fast-paced and the position is multi-faceted. Additional duties will be assigned as needed. Must have ability to provide the highest level of customer service at all times.
Essential Job Functions
Front Office Responsibilities
- Regularly perform outbound calls to current and prior patients on the program. Provide inbound call support to address questions and/or concerns patients may have while on the program(s)
- Demonstrate successful and consistent use of Telephone Handling using the establish script and intake procedures; while reflecting the brand through Tone, Knowledge, and Overall level of Customer service.
- Check patients in for their scheduled appointment. Prepare encounter for clinical staff. Select appropriate services for visit type.
- Check- Out Procedures
- Scheduling Care Calls, Mid-Week Injection Visits, and Follow Up visits
- Collection of Payments and Entry according to payment type and applicable category (insurance cost share or standard).
- Review of invoice screen to identify and collect on past due balances
- Product recommendations based on patient purchase history
- Demonstrate knowledge of Program, Products, and Services.
- Assist with End of Day procedures to include preparing the bank deposits, batching the merchant machine, counting cash drawer, and organizing items for the next day.
- General administrative duties to include preparation of documents, restocking patient materials, stocking products and supplements, and other duties as assigned.
Medical Insurance & Billing Responsibilities
- Conduct Verification of Benefits to gather insurance coverage details
- Record VOB information in patient Medical Record. Enter plan information and demographics and place notes on checkout screen.
- Ensure referrals are received and current prior to patient visits.
- Administration of Clinic Review – Claim Handling
- Assist management with administration of patient invoices. This may include preparation of statements and calls to patients to collect on balances.
- Actively participate in low cost guerilla marketing initiatives.
- Assist with inventory counts on all products and supplements.
- Upholding company standards regarding clinic operations, cleanliness and maintenance of the of the unit
● Degree in Medical Administration, Business, or related field
● 2 years Medical Office Experience
● 2 years Medical Insurance Experience
● Previous weight loss program/ product sales experience preferred