Medical Insurance Biller / Coder - Podiatry
Medical Practice Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Must have at least 2 years of Coding experience Podiatry coding preferred
CSFAC - Surgical Foot and Ankle - Certification or
AAPC CPC CERTFICATION - Accreditation required
Certificate will need to be presented prior to interview
- Expertise in reviewing (SCRUBBING) and assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses, procedures, and services performed by physicians and other qualified healthcare providers in the office or facility setting
- Proficiency across a wide range of services, including evaluation and management, anesthesia, surgery, radiology, pathology, and medicine
- A sound knowledge of medical coding guidelines and regulations including compliance and reimbursement – allowing a CPC to better handle issues such as medical necessity, claims denials, bundling issues, and charge capture
- Understanding of how to integrate medical coding and payment policy changes into a practice's reimbursement processes
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology necessary to correctly code provider diagnosis and services
- Knowledge of CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II coding guidelines
- Understanding of the life cycle of a medical billing claim and how to improve the revenue cycle
- The ability to read and abstract physician office notes and procedure notes then apply correct ICD-10-CM, CPT®, HCPCS Level II codes, as well as apply correct modifiers
- Correct evaluation and management code usage guidelines
- Medicare billing rules and regulations, including, but not limited to incident to, consultations, NCCI edits, and global surgery
- Coding of surgical procedures performed by foot and ankle specialists
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology of the lower extremity
Podiatry billing is VERY UNIQUE AND IT KEEPS YOU ON YOUR TOES! It requires extreme knowledge of MODIFIERS and ever changing rules. We are looking for an individual that will code proficiently for 6 Podiatrists and growing. You will need to be able to code and bill from the Podiatrists medical EMR notes and hospital EMR. We are looking for individuals that have a proven track record of increasing revenue through their accurate and precise billing and keep up with most current billing guidelines especially Medicare.
You will need to be able to code, scrub and bill over 150 claims a day precisely. This is a very busy and fast pace medical practice. Procedures are performed in office, in hospital and out patient facilities. This position is for an experience coder.
Medical PracticeWhy Work Here?
Wonderful doctors, employees and patients to work and care for. . .
Podiatry practice specializing in the treatment and surgery of the foot and ankle. We've been practicing for 35 years and growing!
HealthcareView all jobs at Medical Practice