Summary - This position provides clinical services to oxygen patients in their home and CPAP/BiPAP patients in the office and in their home.
As a candidate, you must be certified and licensed as a Respiratory Therapist in the state of CT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Serving as the main point-of-contact for respiratory-related questions and concerns
- Tracking Medicare CPAP documentation compliance and works with the Respiratory team to obtain all documentation necessary to secure coverage with Medicare.
- Receiving respiratory equipment and supply orders from health care providers & patients, and securing all information necessary to fill the order and meet insurance requirements.
- Consulting with and training both patients and caregivers on the use of respiratory equipment, supplies, and techniques.
- Working with patients in person and over the phone to help them become compliant with physician orders and the requirements of their insurance coverage.
- Scheduling and visiting patients who are receiving clinical respiratory services, developing Plans
- Communicating with other health care professionals involved in patients' care.
- Serving as a resource to staff regarding the use and selection of respiratory equipment and supplies.
- Coordinating with the Home Medical Equipment Technicians on the delivery and pickup of respiratory equipment.
- Verifying insurance eligibility
- Developing Plans of Service designed to meet patient goals.
- Monitoring patients for changes in condition or therapies.
- Identifying the patient's need for additional products or services.
- Recognizing and implementing infection control practices, consistent with the Infection Control Plan, to reduce the spread of infections.
- Cleaning and testing of respiratory equipment
- Comply with all accreditation & regulatory requirements, and all Medical Pharmacy and Putnam Home Medical Employee Business Practices & Policies.
This is a part-time position that requires 16-24 hours per week. we are flexible in offering a 2 or 3 part-time job position. Candidate must live within a 30 mile radius of Putnam, CT.
Home Medical Equipment-experience is preferred - this entails practicing Respiratory Therapy in a office or home setting.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.Additional job duties and responsibilities may be added at Management's discretion. Changes to job duties or responsibilities will be discussed with employees prior to implementation.
Required: Current CT Respiratory Therapy license. 2 years minimum experience as a Respiratory Therapist