Ultrasound Technician for Busy OB/GYN practice. Part-Time or PRN Position.
Ultrasound technicians may work in hospitals, doctors’ offices, diagnostic laboratories, outpatient care facilities, universities and other healthcare sites. Some general ultrasound technician job duties include:
- Explain the ultrasound procedure to patients and answer any questions they may have.
- Maintain ultrasound equipment and sterilize the room in which the procedure takes place.
- Spread the ultrasound gel on the surface of the patient’s body covering the internal area being imaged.
- Perform the ultrasound ensuring the transducer (probe) is capturing images of every angle/section that must be assessed.
- Evaluate the images for their quality, but also to interpret what was captured in the image.
- Present images and preliminary findings to physicians and the healthcare team.
- Maintain patient records and add medical notes related to the ultrasound procedure.