About Medical Packaging Inc., LLC.
Operate manual and CNC equipment in an in-house machine shop producing prototypes to 50 piece runs of parts for final assembly of tabletop packaging systems.
· This position reports to the Production Manager and receives direction from the Lead Machinist.
· Set up CNC milling/lathe machines and run parts as needed.
· Accurately read and understand engineering drawings, CNC programs, and work instructions to ensure proper setup requirements, sequence operations, dimensions and tolerance levels of finished product.
· Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
· Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
· Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
· Inspects own work and performs quality checks to ensure conformance to engineering drawings.
· Perform hand finishing including deburring, chamfering, sanding, etc. both manually and/or with pneumatic/electric tools as required.
· Maintain established safety practices and cleanliness of the machining area.
· Quality control of finished parts and checking against drawing to ensure conformance to specification.
· Maintaining quality tooling by sharpening and replacing worn tools.
· Embodiment of Medical Packaging’s Core Values. (Continuous Improvement, Self-Management, Interdependence, and Accountability)
Skills, Experience and Requirements
· Self-starter capable of managing a variety of tasks in a multi-tasking environment
· Read blueprints
· Must be proficient in first piece inspection, off-sets, and tool changes
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to work alone and in a team environment
· Ability to work with tolerances +/- .002
· High standard of attention to detail and strong quality control skills
· Knowledge of machining in a low/medium volume manufacturing setting
Education and Training
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required
· 2 to 3 years CNC machining experience
Learn more about Medical Packaging by visiting www.medpak.com.
Medical Packaging Inc., LLC
Why Work Here?Medical Packaging Inc., LLC is a growth-oriented company with a track record of demonstrated success and growth providing packaging equipment and consumable packaging materials to pharmaceutical and health care related entities.
Growing company, fantastic leadership, great culture