Senior R&D Engineer - Medical Devices
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Senior R&D Engineer
Location: North Barrington, IL (*Onsite position)
Some relocation assistance available
Due to continuous growth, we are searching for an experienced medical device Senior R&D Engineer. Within the Medical Murray Engineering team, you will have a hands-on role in product development designing and producing our clients' medical devices. Our environment will offer a varied day with direct interaction with our clients in discussing assigned projects, next steps and fielding our clients' questions. Working collaboratively with the Medical Murray team in a high energy environment, you will work on leading edge technology as you roll out new medical devices to market. Combining best-in-class design, development, and manufacturing expertise, Medical Murray's purpose is to help healthcare providers offer a higher quality of care, giving patients more time and a higher quality of life. If you want to be part of a team like that, please apply!
About Medical Murray
Since 1996, Medical Murray has been a privately owned company producing finished medical devices, components, and subassemblies for customers around the world ranging from startups to the largest OEMs. We specialize in development, testing, and manufacturing of permanent implants, delivery systems, and complex catheters for vascular, gastrointestinal, urologic, and other interventional markets. Our core goals are Integrity First, People Matter, First Class Service, Inspired Innovation and Community Service. To learn more, please visit us at www.medicalmurray.com
Reporting to the Vice President of R&D Engineering, the Senior R&D Engineer performs design and product development duties in the R&D Department on medical devices. In your role, you will be tasked with leading technical efforts to conduct development projects that meet Medical Murray's client expectations for quality, performance, and innovation.
For Your Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Overtime is billable or can be taken as additional PTO
- Medical insurance (BCBS): Eligible on day one of employment
- HSA-eligible medical plans
- Dental insurance
- Company-paid Vision, Life, and Long and Short-Term Disability insurance
- 401k safe harbor retirement plan
- 18 days of PTO
- Voluntary Life
- TeleDoc program
- Identity protection
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off for community outreach and volunteering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and engineer disposable medical devices from concept to production
- Hands-on product and process development of catheter and other disposable products
- Design devices in SolidWorks and build prototypes in a laboratory environment
- Design, prototype and construct catheters, catheter-based delivery systems and other disposable devices for disciplines ranging from cardiology and neurology to urology
- Communicate and collaborate with clients to provide project status and technical details
- Prepare and support product development planning project schedule, resources, and budgets, etc.
- Develop feasibility and reliability testing plans for catheters systems, including the development of accurate in-vitro and in-vivo models and methods
- Develop pilot and manufacturing equipment and procedures
- Support product manufacturing until the project is fully transitioned to production
- Manage and assist with verification and validation activities and documentation
- Collaborate with outside suppliers on the sourcing of materials, components
- Prepare documentation to support quality system for design functions project plans, design input, risk assessment, test protocols and reports, drawing specifications, etc.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- BS or MS in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering is required
- 5+ years of experience with design and development of medical devices
- Experience with FDA CFR 820 and ISO 13485 regulations
- Strength in problem-solving and decision-making
- High energy level, attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Computer skills including MS office, SolidWorks or alternative CAD program
- Experience with project management is highly preferred to plan and conduct complex development projects
- Skills with prototyping and materials knowledge for medical devices
- Proficient customer interaction skills
Medical Murray is an equal opportunity employer.
AddressNorth Barrington, IL
EngineeringView all jobs at Medical Murray
Get fresh R&D Engineer Medical Device jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.