R&D Engineer (Medical Devices)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Medical Murray is a contract development and manufacturing organization for minimally invasive medical devices and implants. Our cross-functional teams, at our multiple facilities, assist customers with designing, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing.
Currently, we are searching for an R&D Engineer to join our facility located in North Barrington, IL.
We are proud to have our R&D Engineers partner with customers in developing implants, delivery systems, and complex catheters that improve lives.
Be part of the team that works to define every aspect of medical device concepts, including:
- Creative and technical inputs
- Selecting the appropriate materials for the design
- Testing of products, materials, and packaging to ISO or FDA standards
- Writing documentation, offering support for regulatory submissions
Device development at Medical Murray is part of a team effort and you can be part of the team!
As a Research & Development Engineer, you will provide comprehensive development services for the creation of medical devices - including design, prototyping, verification, and validation testing, and pilot production. You will be part of a dynamic and cross-collaborative team, working to support customers with their devices from concept to commercialization.
- Develop and engineer disposable medical devices from concept to production.
- Hands-on product and process development of catheters and other disposable products.
- Design devices in SolidWorks and build prototypes in a laboratory environment.
- Design, prototype and construct catheters, catheter-based delivery systems, and other disposable devices for disciplines ranging from cardiology and neurology to urology.
- Acquisition, setup, and installation qualification of new equipment, including creation of PM procedure as necessary.
- Communicate to the customer any issues and the status of the project.
- Prepare and support product development and quality planning (project schedule, resources, and budgets, etc.).
- Participate in the quotation process for projects.
- Assess feasibility of processes and support manufacturing with validation plans and time studies.
- Support product manufacturing until project is fully transitioned to production.
- Manage and assist with verification and validation activities and documentation.
- Collaborate with outside vendors on the sourcing of catheter materials, components, and processing.
- Prepare documentation to support quality system for design functions (project plans, concept document, FMEA, design input, test results, drawings, etc.).
- Complete activities as project phase checklists. Engage and handoff activities to manufacturing engineering.
- Support customer complaints.
- Lead design changes to existing product lines as necessary.
- Review document changes in manufacturing for impact on design intent.
- BS or MS in Biomedical Engineering is required.
- Experience in engineering for medical devices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Solidworks, or alternative CAD program
- Experience with FDA 820 and ISO 13485 regulations.
- Competitive Wages
- Work/Life Balance Scheduling Options
- Health Insurance (available day 1 of employment)
- Tax Deferable Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Company provided Life, Vision, and Disability Insurance
- 401k with Company Contribution, not subject to vesting schedule
- Teladoc and Identity Protection
- Minimum 18 days PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Join the Events Committee or just enjoy commodore events such as recent Golf League, Ragnar races, Sand Volleyball, Trivia Night, Board Game Night, Adopt a Highway, Flag Football, and Kick Ball.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EngineeringView all jobs at Medical Murray
Get fresh Medical Device Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.