Top nationally-recognized plaintiff's medical malpractice law firm seeks a Nurse Paralegal/Consultant to work closely and in collaboration with a legal team examining and analyzing medical records and other documents to evaluate cases for quality of care delivered to our clients and locating experts to give opinions on the standard of care in appropriate cases. An integral part of the team, the Nurse Paralegal/Consultant will interpret routine, complex and unique medical information to contribute to the legal strategy of the case. The successful candidate will work with a quality team on diverse and interesting cases.
- Review client intake information to determine whether a potential claim can be viable and productive.
- Interact with clients to obtain critical information.
- Direct legal assistant to obtain necessary records.
- Review, analyze, evaluate and summarize medical documents.
- Prepare medical record summaries and chronologies of medical events in order to evaluate relationships between the events and deviations from standards of care.
- Conduct medical research concerning standards of care and regulations, and obtain medical literature pertinent to the issues of the case.
- Locate, evaluate and confer with medical experts about standard of care issues.
- Provide medical literature and information to educate attorneys on medical facts and issues related to the case.
- Assist attorneys in preparing cases for deposition and trial.
- Remains flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the Management team.
- Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Best suited for someone with a minium of two years experience with a medical malpractice law firm;
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients and to provide or obtain information with extraordinary courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- Must be a team player and able to function in a fast-paced work environment;
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and attention to detail skills to allow for timely, effective, and accurate performance of job duties.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and research skills;
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and,
- Proficient in Word.