This ideal candidate for this position is one that can operate in a highly stressful environment, and who has the ability to exercise good judgement in variety of patient care scenarios. Additionally the candidate MUST have a License to practice in Washington, DC and Controlled Substance and DEA Licenses/Certification and a current individual or solo professional liability insurance policy. Job Description
Position Title: Family nurse practitioners (FNP)
Job Code: FLSA: Non-exempt
Date Developed: 12/2016
Date Revised: 5/20/2020
Supervisor: Director, HR Services/Lead Provider
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SUMMARY: MHDG Family Nurse Practitioners (FNP) are advanced practice registered nurses who work autonomously or in collaboration with other healthcare professionals in our practice to deliver family-focused care. Given the rather broad nature of the “family” patient population focus, our FNPs offer a wide range of healthcare services that revolve around the family unit; from health promotion, behavioral health and disease prevention to direct care and counseling across the lifespan.
FNPs may work in a variety of settings, including conventional doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Family nurse practitioners place a strong emphasis on wellness and prevention, but also provide treatment for everything from mild ailments to serious conditions affecting any member of the family, from children to grandparents. An FNP can be expected to perform duties that include:
- Ability to conduct exams for18-20 patients and document the H&P during your assigned shift
- Educating and guiding patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits
- Understanding the changes in health promotion throughout the aging process
- Performing diagnostic tests and screening evaluations
- Managing overall patient care regarding lifestyle and development issues
- Emphasizing preventative care and disease management
- Prescribing medications
- Developing treatment plans for acute and chronic diseases
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a stressful environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Basic medical terminology.
- Participates on interdepartmental, hospital and departmental committees as appropriate.
- Consistently and independently follows established safety and infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations.
- Complies with the standards of conduct and Corporate Responsibility Program and seeks guidance when in doubt.
- Meets or exceeds expectations of individuals for whom service is provided.
Required Education: The ideal FNP possess a graduate-level education, as well as clinical training in family medicine, they are qualified to diagnosis and treat complex health conditions of the body and mind.
Required Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: CMA, CPT, HIPAA, CPR
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received from: Director, HR Services/Lead Provider
Specialized Knowledge or Skill: Keyboard
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills of addition, subtractions, multiplication and division are required.
Reasoning Ability: Job tasks are predictable and usually require the selection from standard operating procedures. Requires analysis to determine appropriate procedure and monitoring results.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Writing is required to produce reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Problem Solving: Difficult problems are encountered and it may be hard to identify all of the related issues. Solutions require research, analyzing multiple factors, conflicting information, etc.
Computer Skills: Intermediate Level Computer Skills:
- Intermediate level word processing skills.
- Intermediate level spreadsheet skills.
- Intermediate level software application navigation skills.
- Specific Software Knowledge:
- Practice Management Software
- Electronic Health Records Software
- Microsoft Office
Medical Home Development Group
Why Work Here?We are a privately-owned physician group and management consulting company specifically trained to deliver a wide range of healthcare services and expertise, including chronic conditions, behavioral health, and addiction treatment. And we are playing a leading role in the fight against the opioid epidemic.Become part of our patient-centered practice! If you're dedicated to high-quality care for every individual, we want to hear from you.
Medical Home Development Group is a patient centered medical practice, providing quality service and passionate healthcare