Growing Medical facility in West Palm Beach, Florida is seeking a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant with Pediatric experience to join our West Palm Beach team. Must be energetic and have a passion for kids! This is a part-time position, 15-20 hrs, Monday- Friday.
The primary role of the Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) is to evaluate and treat children referred by a physician following their recommendations and the use of standardized and non-standardized assessment tools while following the insurance requirements (if applicable) for evaluation. Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant’s will be compensated per individual treatment.
Tasks: The following functions describe the essential duties of this role. Individuals in this role may not perform all of these duties, or may perform additional, related duties not listed here.
· Evaluation and Re-Evaluation
o Manages the evaluation process after receiving the referral from central scheduling and follows the doctor’s prescription
o Collaborate with Registered Occupational Therapist (OTR) to interpret test results and data to determine a evidence-based intervention plan
o Determine frequency for intervention based upon referral, doctor prescription, OT evaluation and individual insurance guidelines
o Document paperwork within company timeline
o Applies evaluation results into individually designed evidence-based intervention program
o Follows the intervention plan based on plan of care frequency and duration
o Maintain daily progress notes as required by company policy
o Asses the patient’s condition and reports significant changes
- Minimum skills: Occupational Therapy Assistant graduate with appropriate Level II experience
- Associate Degree
- NBCOTA certification
- Florida license
- Medicaid #
Prerequisite Skills: Candidates for this position will have:
· Knowledge and skill in utilizing MS Office Suite
· Ability to demonstrate and provide examples of continuous personal development and improvement in each of the essential functions listed in the section below
· Ability to work within a cohesive, successful team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrate competency in necessary clinical skills
· Ability to maintain client/patient confidentiality in accordance with Florida Law and the Health Insurance Portability Act (HIPPA)