Title: Injection Molding Technician
Reports to: Manufacturing Operations - Manager
The main responsibility of the Injection Molding Technician is to set up the injection molding machines for their production runs, and trouble-shoot any quality issues. Perform mold changes following the manufacturing schedule. Makes adjustments as required for efficient operations of the molding machines. This is a challenging and highly technical role, requiring a strong problem-solving skill set and extensive experience working with injection molding machines. Maintain total process control and documentation (electronic and physical) for all existing and new processes. Inspect, clean and perform maintenance on plant machinery and accessories as necessary. Maintain continuous production run supplying manufacturing equipment with the necessary materials. Responsible for handling and mixing materials for all active work orders per Color blending procedures. Assures that proper paperwork accompanies all items being moved. Responsible to maintain all molding machines and accessories in good working conditions following company maintenance procedures.
Prior experience and qualifications desired:
Education: High school or equivalent
Previous work experience: Mechanical or Maintenance or Setup tech, must have full understanding and experience in Injection Molding
Special skills: Injection molding and Material Handling
Duties and Responsibilities: Job functions include but are not limited to the following
- Set up and start molding machines
- Perform mold changes
- Mix and provide material for all machines on daily basis
- Perform maintenance on all manufacturing equipment and molds
- Monitor and clean material hoppers and filters
- Label material information on hoppers
- Set-up drying temperatures and organization
- Maintain cleanliness of all manufacturing equipment, molds, and work areas and floor around molding machines
- Load and unload shipments
- Verify and update equipment documentation on daily basis
- Troubleshot minor molding and equipment malfunctions
- Assist with technical jobs throughout the plant as needed
- Perform periodic maintenance and assist with repairs on molding machines
Physical mental demands:
- Must possess excellent communication and mechanical skills
- Must be alert, able to concentrate, use good judgment and possess analytical skills.
- Majority of time spent standing, walking.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting
- Moderate physical effort required equivalent to lifting or moving equipment up to 100 pounds
Work: 3 Days (12-hour shifts) 6:00 PM- 6:00 AM
Salary: TBD (Based on Experience)
If you match these qualifications, provide resume for immediate consideration.