The Cardiac Electrophysiology (EP) Mapping Technician provides technical assistance and training to physicians and EP lab staff on the effective use 3D Cardiac mapping systems and related EP catheters utilized in EP procedures. Clinical team assistance and mapping equipment related support and training happens during the EP procedures. There are no sales objectives associated with the job. The EP Mapping Technician will undergo a 6-8 months training supervised by expert EP mappers, technologists and clinical leaders. The program content focuses on EP mapping fundamentals, relevant clinical concepts, technological, and operational aspects of deployment inside a Cardiac EP lab to serve in a technology assistance and training role. The scope of the training covers mapping techniques and a solid foundation in each commonly utilized 3D mapping systems. At the conclusion of the supervised training the EP Mapping Technician will demonstrate the ability to operate all relevant mapping systems. The EP mapping Technician will be deployed/assigned at US based EP labs for short or long periods of time. The company provides ongoing clinical and updated technical training to ensure currency as newer systems, technologies, and methodologies are adopted by EP clinical providers.
- Under limited supervision (following completion of training), the EP Mapping Technician will operate semi-independently (in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations) and under the guidance of clinical and operational staff at the EP lab to assist and train in mapping.
- Understand the dynamics of the EP lab and engage in dialogue with and work with several clinical (EP physicians, nurses, and technicians) and operational (EP lab management and coordinators) parties in and around the EP lab.
- Drive collaboration, maintain a professional attitude, and effectively lift the mapping competencies of hospital staff. Function effectively and drive problem-solving in a high-stress, high-performance work environment.
- Respond to written and oral questions throughout the day. Some administrative duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with a background as EP tech, RN, biomed engineer or similar will be preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in 3D electro-anatomical mapping.
- The ideal candidate is currently employed in a hospital setting and be competent in at least one of the current mapping technologies.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time including overnight, regionally, and nationally, sometimes on short notice.
- Initial training will be performed in Southern California or locally, depending on clinical needs.