Exercise Physiologist (FT/ Mon-Fri/ Days)
- Posted: over a month ago
Under direct supervision, performs all modalities in the EKG area and stress test lab according to policy and procedure.
- Uses patient identification techniques to identify patient, enters appropriate and accurate demographics into test equipment, provide patient gown as needed and ensures safety and privacy during all procedures
- Perform all stress procedures (regular treadmill, treadmill nuclear stress, pharmacological nuclear stress tests) according to policy and procedure under direct supervision of the designated stress lab monitor
- Screens medical history of patient for relative/absolute contraindications before, during and after stress procedures
- Able to adequately explain test procedures and answer basic patient questions regarding each test
- Able to identify rhythm abnormalities
- Monitor EKG rhythm and patient hemodynamic status before, during and after stress procedures
- Appropriately instructs for injection of nuclear isotope during nuclear stress tests
- Able to identify when to appropriately terminate stress tests
- Initiate swipe for radioactivity in between stress tests when appropriate
- Appropriately preps patients for each test and performs all tests according to policy and procedure. These include: EKG’s, pulmonary function tests with and without bronchodilator, vision screens, holter, event and 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitor application, audiometry and oxygen saturations with and without exercise, as well as stress tests
- Able to discern between true abnormal test results and the need to repeat test due to equipment malfunction before releasing patient back to physician’s office
- Able to produce high quality test results
- Able to scan 24-hour holter monitors and recognize the need to take urgent findings to the reading cardiologist
- Performs lower extremity arterial studies appropriately and according to policy and procedure
- Covers front desk and possesses complete knowledge of the scheduling and check-in procedures for NICS/Nuclear Medicine procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment and work area
- Able to order, maintain and confirm par values for all departmental supplies when needed
- Restock supplies for stress testing and EKG areas
- Able to troubleshoot equipment for minor repairs
- Checks paper work for correct label, appropriate diagnosis, patient information, and marks charge tickets with appropriate reading cardiologist when applicable
- Keep NICS waiting rooms clean and organized throughout each day
- Answer unattended departmental telephones
- Prepare and place final test results in referring physician’s box throughout the day
- Calibrate equipment where applicable
- Log patient information for the different monitors (Holter, BP, and event) to track device
- Download BP monitor data and file final reports in physician box
- Fold and store linens
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have good EKG interpretation skills
- Must have good critical thinking and decision making skills
- Must have good time management skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including excellent customer service to both patients and co-workers
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
EDUCATION, LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
1. Bachelor or Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science or related field is preferred.
2. Or 1 year of related clinical field experience, with Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) within 3 months of hire.
3. Must be ACLS certified or obtain within 3 months of hire
4. Current CPR certification
5. Successful completion of the CAOHC course within 1 year of hire
Medical Clinic of Houston, L.L.P.
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Medical Clinic of Houston, L.L.P.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?