Dental Claims Examiner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Southern California United Food & Commercial Workers Unions & Food Employers Joint Benefit Funds Administration, LLC (The Funds) were created more than 40 years ago as a result of collective bargaining between the Southern California Retail Food Employers and the Southern California UFCW Union Locals. The Funds serve in excess of 100,000 participants! There are two Funds, the Pension Fund and the Benefit Fund--through which member retirement and health and welfare benefits are provided.
The Funds Office is currently searching for an experienced Dental Claims Examiner, to join our growing Dental Claims Department. In this claims processing role, you will also be responsible for responding to email requests, and dental customer questions via telephone. This position is subject to Collective Bargaining.
- Professionally respond to general telephone requests, walk-in requests and email requests regarding dental claims status, eligibility, and general benefit questions
- Respond to email and mail questions from Local Offices including dental claim status, complaints, eligibility and benefit questions
- Ensure all dental claims are processed according to the internal guidelines
- Meet or exceed department quality and production standards
- Successful completion of special projects
- High School diploma or GED required
- Medical/Dental Claims Certification, Associate Degree or 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Business Administration, Communications or related field
- 1 year prior experience in a Dental Claims department for a large plan
- Prior experience processing paper and electronic dental claims, including CDT coding systems
- Able to professionally communicate with plan members, Union Representatives and internal stakeholders
- Able to build, foster and maintain professional relationships across the organization
- Able to utilize MS Office products
- Highly organized and detailed
The Funds is an equal employment opportunity employer and no candidate for employment will be rejected on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, or sex. Candidates with physical impairments or limitations will be considered to the extent it can be reasonably demonstrated that the duties and responsibilities can be effectively performed without endangering the individual, colleagues or surroundings.
The Funds offers exceptional benefit packages that includes a 401-k plan, pension plan, vacation, holiday, education reimbursement and much more!
The company supports current employees and retiree's with their benefit needs including pension payments and services, medical, dental and vision claims.
6425 Katella AvenueCypress, CA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Dental Claims Examiner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.