The Collections Associate I will assist Mediacom in maintaining our revenue stream by speaking with customers about past-due accounts and assisting them in making payments to ensure their services are not interrupted. You will accomplish this by participating in non-pay reminder activities to customers. In addition agents are eligible for regular incentives driven by individual performance.
• Receiving payment and posting to customer accounts.
• Contacting customers and advising of potential service disconnection.
• Keeping detailed and accurate records of collection and status of accounts.
• Assist payment center to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Process payment arrangements and follow through to ensure arrangements are met in a timely manner.
• Monitor aged balanced reports and assist with collections of NSF checks.
• Assessing customer needs to determine appropriate payment arrangements within company guidelines.
• Partnering with other departments to resolve billing or service disputes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Use of mathematics to solve problems.
• Good listening, negotiation and communication skills.
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Good time management and organization skills.
• Knowledge of PC based word processing and spreadsheet programs, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.