Studio Technician/Production Support Engineer
The TWiT.tv Network with Leo Laporte features the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech, as well as over a dozen other top-ranked online shows.
As we've grown, our facilities have expanded into a multimillion-dollar studio and a full staff to produce over 30 hours of audiovisual content each week. Our live stream lets you watch and listen to our shows being produced, as well as incidental coverage of tech issues, breaking news, and activity behind the scenes.
TWiT is seeking a studio technician with experience in operating and support production systems and software. We are looking for someone who is proficient with video cameras, related audio and video equipment, and various applicable software used to produce live events and downloadable videos/podcasts. As a digital video internet podcast network, we are also looking for someone with experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows and Mac desktop and server systems and the related Networking systems they rely upon.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Supporting Studio Production Systems and Post-Production systems and workflows.
- Assisting producers and editors with additional technical tasks required for their shows.
- Perform and troubleshoot issues with all phases of production: pre-production, production, and postproduction.
- Set up, and operate various production equipment including cameras, audio, and video recorders, live switching/production equipment, props, and microphones.
- Operate and maintain proper levels of calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other live production equipment.
- Research, implement and document innovative new technology processes to create cutting-edge results.
- Support and operate live studio productions using Newtek TriCaster 8000, audio mixing boards and lighting boards.
- Exercise independent judgment while directing live studio video productions.
- Skilled knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator), Google Apps (spreadsheets and word documents), and Cloud Storage solutions (Dropbox, Google Drive).
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends as needed or required.
- In-depth knowledge of live studio production techniques.
- Skilled technical knowledge of digital processes, production equipment, and related video and audio network systems.
- Sufficient knowledge in Windows and Mac Desktop and Windows Server systems, Network Firewalls and Switches, WiFi Access Points, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and support and train others in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt ideas and troubleshoot production systems issues quickly.
This is an on-site studio position. Please do not apply if you are interested in remote work.