Job type – Contract
We are looking for a Broadcast Technician
IP Technology, Comrex, Lawo, Network systems
The projects that are currently being deployed deals with understanding server rack diagrams and being able to build them with little or no assistance. Knowledge of audio routing systems, encoders and IP I/O systems.
· Support various broadcast systems, servers and data networks by the broadcast maintenance team.
· Troubleshoot and repair routine and emergency problems within the broadcast environment.
· Install broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards.
· Participate in new technical systems turnover and transition to production.
· Perform routine inspections of broadcast system maintenance and installations within the data center and studios.
· Work various shifts to support a 24-hour operation.
· There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
· Associate's degree or higher in electronics, broadcast technology or related course of study or equivalent experience.
· At least 1-3 years-experience maintaining and installing broadcast equipment or other multimedia computer based systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
· Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
· Must be able to work all shifts required in a 24/7 operation in a high-pressure environment.
· Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
· Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
· Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
· Experience with the following:
o Digital and IP-based routing, playout and recording systems,
o Broadcast audio digital consoles and related studio equipment,
o PC and MAC based broadcast and production workstations,
o Satellite receivers,
o IP and ISDN broadcast codecs,
o Telecom and networking equipment,
o Familiarity with signal flow within in broadcast facility,
o Ability to diagnose, detect and isolate equipment faults by equipment log review and signal flow documentation analysis.