Growth oriented Telehealth company Nurse Practitioner to work with geriatric patients in skilled nursing facilities in Nashua, New Hampshire!
Meditelecare, the nation’s largest company providing behavioral healthcare services to rural skilled and assisted living facilities is looking for you. We have an immediate full-time opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner in New Hampshire.
MediTelecare seeks a Nurse Practitioner to provide patient evaluations and medication management. Our Nurse Practitioners are a part of a clinical team that also includes psychologists, psychiatrists and clinical social workers. A Nurse Practitioner in this role will care for patients in specific skilled nursing facilities within a 45-mile radius in the Nashua, NH. Your proximity to these areas will be key.
- Conduct clinical assessments, treatments, behavioral and medication management. This will take place through face to face visits with patients in skilled nursing facilities.
- As a resource to facility staff, provide consultation on nursing practice and psychopharmacology, including writing orders for medications, as appropriate.
- Participate in case reviews, consultations and utilization review.
- Respond to urgent calls from the facility and facilitate problem solving.
- Maintain accurate records on patients treated in an EHR.
- For billing purposes, complete accurate daily documentation in accordance with standard operating protocol.
- Provide in-service education at the facilities as needed.
- Participate in staff and facility medical staff meetings as needed.
- Stay up to date with current telehealth issues and legislation.
- May cover other facilities as requested by manager.
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process of potential new staff when requested.
- May assist in the orientation of new staff when requested.
EDUCATION, LICENSING AND CREDENTIALING:
- Advanced practice nursing degree from an accredited university.
- Hold a valid nurse practitioner license state practicing in accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of obtaining it.
- Have a State controlled substance license or in the process of obtaining it.
- Have a DEA Certificate or in the process of obtaining it.
- Hold a collaborative agreement or attestation with physician in accordance with the regulations of the state practicing in.
- Must be able to meet the credentialing requirements of MediTelecare and the facilities assigned to. Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and other payers as necessary.
- May be asked to obtain multi- state licensure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Geriatric and/or psychiatric experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a computer including but not limited to: using the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and MediTelecare’s Electronic Health Record system.
- Ability to navigate online to record time and attendance and employee service portal applications.
- Ability to type on a keyboard, use mouse and/or stylus to do electronic health documentation records.
- Provide quality, reliable and consistent behavioral health services to the patients of assigned facilities and communicates with the staff at the facility.
- Follow schedule as created by vice president or regional scheduling manager and presents at facility on scheduled day.
- Will drive to multiple facilities as assigned
- Must complete clinical documentation (within 24 hours)
- Commit to full day of service for hours hired to work.
This job description is not inclusive and there may be other tasks and responsibilities that you will perform as required.