MediTelecare of New Hampshire is seeking a Medical Assistant!
Are you a Medical Assistant looking to advance your career skills to the 21st century? Then MediTelecare, the leading telehealth company providing behavioral healthcare services to rural skilled and assisted living facilities via its telehealth technology, is looking for you. We are currently growing and looking for highly motivated and dependable Medical Assistants to join our team!
The Medical Assistant, functions as a Telehealth Facilitator, to support and manage virtual clinical visits between the patient and clinician. You will be on-site in skilled nursing facilities, use state of the art telemedicine technologies to manage real time telehealth appointments between patients and our world class clinicians, coordinate patient education activities, handle technical and scheduling activities and other program support duties as assigned at the facility.
This position requires traveling to nursing homes in Concord, NH at 40hrs a week.
- Provides patient education related to telehealth care processes and behavioral health care.
- Completes and initiates appropriate clinical reminders, consults, and alerts.
- Utilizes EHR to document all clinical observations/information/patient education.
- Schedules, confirms, coordinates and provides technical support for telehealth services.
- Reviews planned telehealth encounters to ensure appropriate resources are available (i.e. video conferencing) and appropriate mode and circumstance for telehealth modalities have been ordered based on patient’s needs.
- Prepares the telehealth patient room including equipment for clinical encounter, training, education, access, and establishing the online, video conferencing or other connections.
- Provides “hands on” assistance to the provider and patient as part of the encounter, training or interaction as needed.
- Serves as a liaison and coordinates information between providers and facilities, patients and other key personnel.
- Initiates any indicated follow-up services based upon findings of providers and communicates need for follow-up to the patient.
- Interacts and communicates appropriately with patients and family members.
- Possesses knowledge of and complies with proper handling and cleaning of reusable medical equipment.
- Maintains patient confidentiality (electronic, written and/or verbal).
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and Licensing: Medical Assistant/Health Technician
- Knowledge of specialized terminology associated with specialty areas/clinics as assigned.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with patients, families, facility staff and colleagues.
- Knowledge of computer and computer programs including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook and MS-PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel to outlying facilities and possess a valid driver’s license.
Compensation is competitive based on qualifications and experience.
This job description is not inclusive and there may be other tasks and responsibilities that you will perform as required.