Data Modeler I (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION TITLE: DATA MODELER I
Supervised by: DM Team Lead (Direct)
Clinical or Financial Implementation Manager (Indirect)
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: HQ in Brecksville, OH; this position can be remote / home based
POSITION SUMMARY. The Data Modeler I focuses on activities related to the creation, modification, and population of SQL Server databases, archiving a wide variety of client legacy data to MediQuant products. Incumbent must have a growing knowledge of MediQuant software products and how these work in conjunction with created databases. Data Modeler will report to a DM Team Lead.
JOB DUTIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. A qualified individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job as listed, with or without accommodation. (An Asterisk (*) Identifies an Essential Function)
- Translates functional product requirements into technical designs for ERP, financial and clinical archives to begin loading data (*)
- Database set up
- Use existing tools to load data with direction from DM IV or more experienced modelers
- Ability to load Groups 1-4 for Financial and Clinical Groups 2-5 using Arkload or SQL scripts
- Ability to Load Group 1 for ERP and load additional groups with direction.
- Loads DataArk and associated databases using load plans and maps and contributes to the improvement of these processes and maps as their skills develop.
- Trouble Shooting and Problem Solving (*) – Identifies problems and pro-actively intervenes to mitigate or eliminate potential for negative impact.
- Effectively checks work for accuracy, understanding where opportunities for errors exist. Takes ownership to ensure own work is error-free.
- Determines when an immediate fix is the best course, or when it is necessary to hand the situation to identified source for root cause resolution.
- Uses experience and expertise sufficient to intrinsically know the data and manage the standard validation process.
- Organization and Time Management (*) – Handles multiple projects and prioritizes deadlines.
- Identifies and utilizes all resources available when priorities conflict or when external challenges are lining up against the deadline. Must be able to clearly communicate the issue, and tenacious in finding resolution.
- Handles a fluctuating workload and is able to prioritize during times of peak demand and conflicting priorities. Knows when to seek assistance to ensure deadlines are met and a quality product is delivered.
- Attributes 90% of available time to billable initiatives for named clients, making sure that time is properly allocated on their timesheet.
- Communicate clearly with internal customers (*) – Understands the importance of keeping all team members apprised of the project status.
- Applies technical knowledge and seeks to fully understand the client’s expectations by asking questions from identified project resources. Works as the migration expert on the implementation team along with sales and support.
- Liaise with application developers and the Project Management Office to create methodology for meeting client needs.
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, computer systems, computer science, engineering or software engineering, or equivalent number of years of experience, plus three years of data modeling design, architecture, administration and development experience, preferred. High School Diploma or GED plus 3-5 years of applicable experience, required.
- Strong SQL scripting skills and experience parsing and manipulating file data
- Proven Healthcare IT, clinical or revenue cycle experience
- Experience with full lifecycle implementations (from analysis through deployment and support).
- Highly skilled in process chain design, data security, object migration to different environments.
- Extensive experience with design documentation.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of SQL (*) – Creates, modifies, and populates SQL Server databases in accordance with the particular environments and parameters of the system that is being migrated:
- Utilizes knowledge of tables and normalization to determine where data should reside.
- Determines an accurate and efficient approach to writing and editing SQL scripts used to load client data. Uses SQL to diagnose and solve data integrity issues.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Revenue cycle experience preferred
- Previous experience in Hospital & Healthcare, Computer Software industries, preferred
- Ability to discern and clearly understand client's needs through effective communication and interaction.
- Ability to solve problems using logical thought processes and devising creative solutions.
- High attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability and desire to work in a strong team culture.
- Knowledge with HIPAA regulations involving PHI and HITECH
- Strong customer service and Information technology acumen
Supervisory Responsibility. The data modeler role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, and photocopiers.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodation.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, must be able to stand, walk, occasionally kneel, stoop or crouch; use hands to key information, touch, feel and type. Must be able to communicate effectively, including hearing, listening, seeing, and speaking clearly.
- Must be able to analyze, memorize, problem solve, read and perform simple to complex math.
- May frequently life 10 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday; hours of the workday are flexible, yet require the employee to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable). In compliance with Federal employment laws, MediQuant will verify the identity and employment authorization of each person hired.
AAP/EEO Statement. MediQuant, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.
Compliance. Employee shall comply with all MediQuant policies, state and federal laws, regulations, and contractual obligations when accessing MediQuant or client Confidential Data, Confidential Information, and Information Assets.
Other Duties. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel. Little to no travel is expected for this position.
TechnologyView all jobs at MediQuant LLC
Get fresh Financial Modeling Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.