Requirements: Must have current medical license, active Federal DEA, and active Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration
The Physician Assistant works under the supervision of our medical director according to the medical protocol set forth by the organization. We are an upscale medical office concentrating on nutrition and wellness.
Essential Job Functions
- Under general direction, provides patient care
- Conducts physical exams
- Completes health history summary
- Documents patients' progress
- Conducts consultations and assists with overall patient care management.
- Obtains and reviews patient's medical and psycho-social history information relevant to patient care
- Conducts physical examinations
- Orders and reviews laboratory studies as well as diagnostic procedures; including ECGs
- Prescribing FDA approved appetite suppressants according to state and federal guidelines
- Reviews patient's progress and manages patient care accordingly
- Maintains all required documentation for patient care and medication management
- Facilitates referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities as necessary and will communicate with collaborating physician and/ or specialist regarding patient's care
Non-essential Job Functions
- Provides training to clinical and non-clinical staff as needed
- Documents patient progress notes in the patient chart and/or EMR.
- Conducts consultations with patients regarding the program
- Performs other clinical duties as required
- Conducts follow up calls to patients to discuss the patient's progress and address any concerns
- Provides ongoing support to promote clinic profitability and success
The environment is fast-paced and the position is multifaceted.
Competitive compensation based on Experience
Enjoy a low stress and rewarding Career with Medi-Weightloss.
Developed and administered by healthcare experts, the physician-supervised Medi-Weightloss Program is evidence-based to result in a successful lifestyle change for the patient. When administering the treatment, Medi-Weightloss healthcare providers take each patient's unique health profile into account, which is what makes us The One that Works! In fact, our patients have lost over 3 million pounds nationwide since 2006. In addition to offering an individualized physician-supervised weight loss programs for adults, Medi-Weightloss also offers specialized weight loss programs for adolescents and for individuals at risk of or current are diagnosed diabetics.
Medi-Weightloss Scientific Advisory Board critically reviews the effectiveness, safety, and added value of the Medi-Weightloss treatment guidelines and products through outcomes research. This panel of physicians, scientists, and public health experts also assists in guiding the development of translational research studies that move scientific discoveries from university laboratories to the patient care setting.
Medi-Weightloss was founded in 2005 by Edward Kaloust. The franchise headquarters is located in Tampa, Florida.