Medi-Weightloss Woodstock, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Medi-Weightloss Woodstock is hiring a permanent part-time Medical Assistant to assist the current staff in helping our patients get healthier!
This position is Permanent Part Time: 28-32 hours/week. Must be willing to work Saturday hours.
Seeking a medical professional with a dynamic personality to join our Woodstock clinic as a health and wellness coach, medical assistant, and medical team member. Candidate must be passionate about helping others, dependable, and interested in professional growth and development. Candidate should have bubbly, warm, and welcoming personality.
Ideal candidate possesses a current LPN, Medical Assistant certification and has clinical experience. Experience with handling insurance claims is a plus.
Prior experience and training in nutrition, and/or exercise science is preferred. Computer literacy and proficiency is a must.
Primary responsibilities include conducting initial baseline testing (EKG, vitals, phlebotomy, weight, indirect calorimetry), administering vitamin injections, and providing consultations on nutrition and exercise. The candidate should possess knowledge of nutrition and demonstrate the ability to coach others on lifestyle changes and behavior modification.
Clinical Duties* (vary based on credentials):
- Obtains patient's vitals, EKG, Phlebotomy, weight, indirect calorimetry testing
- Administers IM vitamin injections
- Prepares laboratory order forms, manages centrifuge, and specimen samples for pickup
- Obtains patient laboratory results and prepares for APRN review
- Assists APRN with patient referrals to other healthcare professionals
- Documents patient progress notes in the patient chart and/or EMR
- Conducts consultations as delegated by supervising physician or APRN with patients regarding the program
- Performs other clinical duties as required
- Conducts follow up calls to patients to discuss the patient's progress and address any concerns
- Refers non-routine, sensitive and/or complex requests for information and other inquiries or complaints to the appropriate staff member.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ensures each patient receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every patient, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Manages medical supply inventory in laboratory and ensures consult and exam rooms are fully stocked with medical supplies at all times
- Trains additional staff on daily procedures when requested by the office manager and/or nurse practitioner
- Participates in clinic marketing efforts and provides ongoing support to promote clinic profitability and success
- Conducts consultations for prospective patients wanting to learn more about Medi-Weightloss.
- Other duties may be assigned
At Medi-Weightloss, our mission is not only to help patients achieve their weight loss goals but to help them achieve long-term wellness. We understand that wellness encompasses much more than weight loss and that is why we are always working to ensure that all aspects of our patients’ health are improved while on our program. In addition to offering individualized medically supervised weight loss programs for adults, Medi-Weightloss also offers specialized weight loss programs for adolescents and for individuals at risk of or currently are diagnosed diabetics through its Acute DM Program.
Our mission is to help our patients achieve their weight loss goals AND to help them achieve long-term wellness through lifestyle changes. Our program guides patients using the five keys to wellness: nutrition, fitness, medicine, education, and motivation.
Developed and administered by healthcare experts, the physician-supervised Medi-Weightloss Program is evidence-based to result in a successful lifestyle change for the patient. When administering the treatment, Medi-Weightloss healthcare providers take each patient's unique health profile into account, which is what makes us The One that Works! In fact, our patients have lost over 7 MILLION pounds nationwide since 2006.
Medi-Weightloss Scientific Advisory Board critically reviews the effectiveness, safety, and added value of the Medi-Weightloss treatment guidelines and products through outcomes research. This panel of physicians, scientists, and public health experts also assists in guiding the development of translational research studies that move scientific discoveries from university laboratories to the patient care setting.
Medi-Weightloss was founded in 2005 by Edward Kaloust. The franchise headquarters is located in Tampa, Florida.
Medi-WeightlossWhy Work Here?
Warm, Friendly, Non-Judgmental medical clinic! Amazing location and staff!
The Medi-Weightloss® Program is not a diet; it’s a lifestyle change! Get off the dieting roller coaster and rejuvenate your life, learning to live healthy and lean for a lifetime. Our trained professionals help make your weight loss journey stress free and uncomplicated. It’s true! Come see for yourself!
12195 Highway 92Woodstock, GA