Seeking a part-time nurse practitioner to join our Medi-Weightloss® team of medical professionals in an upscale medical office concentrating on preventative medicine, nutritional guidance, and obesity medicine.
This is an opportunity to address one of the critical health issues in the state of Indiana: More than 1 out of 3 adult Hoosiers have obesity and face serious comorbidities.
Medi-Weightloss® is a three-phase, physician-supervised weight loss program designed by experts in medicine and public health, nutrition, fitness, motivation, and education. In our clinics, physicians and medical professionals prescribe weight loss plans based on each patient’s unique goals, current condition, medical history, and food and exercise preferences. We provide individual counseling and motivate patients to reach their goal weight and transition to a healthier lifestyle.
Every day in our clinic is a celebration. This position has no on-call requirements and features flexible hours for a great work-life balance.
The nurse practitioner will work under the supervision of the clinic’s physician medical director according to the medical protocol set forth by the organization. Under general direction, the nurse practitioner provides patient care, conducts physical exams, completes health histories, documents patients' progress and assists with patient care management.
Job duties include:
- Obtains and reviews patient's medical and psychosocial history information relevant to patient care
- Orders and reviews laboratory studies as well as diagnostic procedures, including EKGs
- Assumes responsibility for prescribing and dispensing FDA-approved appetite suppressants according to state and federal guidelines
- Reviews patient's progress and manages patient care accordingly
- Maintains all required documentation for patient care and medication management
- Facilitates referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities as necessary and communicates with collaborating physician medical director regarding patient's care
- Provides training to clinical and non-clinical staff as needed
- Documents patient progress notes in the EMR
- Conducts consultations with patients regarding the program
- Conducts follow up calls to patients to discuss the patient's progress and address any concerns
- Provides ongoing support to promote clinic profitability and success
- Previous medical weight loss or nutritional counseling experience highly preferred
- Must have nurse practitioner certification and DEA license.
- Availability to work Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Availability to attend training in Tampa, Florida.
- Employer covers medical guideline training
- Employer covers associated travel
- Medi-Weightloss® program discounts: After eligibility criteria have been met, you will be eligible to receive a 100% discount on visits and 20% off all products. Immediate family members receive 50% off visits.