Seeking a part-time medical assistant/receptionist with a dynamic personality and a passion for wellness to join our Medi-Weightloss® team of medical professionals in an upscale medical office concentrating on preventative medicine, nutritional guidance, and obesity medicine.
This is an opportunity to address one of the critical health issues in the state of Indiana: More than 1 out of 3 adult Hoosiers have obesity and face serious comorbidities.
Medi-Weightloss® is a three-phase, physician-supervised weight loss program designed by experts in medicine and public health, nutrition, fitness, motivation, and education. In our clinic, medical professionals prescribe weight loss plans based on each patient’s unique goals, current condition, medical history, and food and exercise preferences. We provide individual counseling and motivate patients to reach their goal weight and transition to a healthier lifestyle.
Ideal candidate will have excellent phlebotomy skills, knowledge of nutrition, and a knack for encouraging patients to achieve their wellness goals.
This position is currently part-time, 25-30 hours per week, with an opportunity for expanded hours as our business grows. In addition, a strong performer has the opportunity for advancement into the full time, salaried office manager role.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides a comfortable, supportive and fun environment for our patients
- Assists the nurse practitioner with patient vitals and data collection
- Draws blood for lab work and prepares lab order forms
- Administers intramuscular injections
- Counsels patients on nutrition, exercise, and a positive healthy lifestyle
Clinical duties include:
- Obtains patient's vitals
- Administers EKGs
- Conducts urinalysis
- Determines body composition using a Tanita scale
- Prepares laboratory order forms
- Obtains patient laboratory results
- Assists the nurse practitioner with patient referrals to other healthcare professionals
- Documents the procedures conducted and patient progress notes in the patient’s chart and/or EMR
- Places follow up calls to patients to discuss progress and address any concerns
Administrative duties include:
- Ensures that every patient receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, demonstrating solid product knowledge and delivering all other aspects of excellent customer service.
- Uses a multi-line phone system to answer and appropriately route all incoming calls.
- Checks patients in and out. Verifies insurance eligibility and collects patient payments.
- Refers non-routine, sensitive and/or complex requests for information and other inquiries or complaints to the appropriate staff member.
- Assists with daily monitoring of inventory levels of clinical and office supplies
- Participates in clinic marketing efforts
- Provides ongoing support to promote clinic profitability and success
- Captures before and after photos
- Calls patients to remind them of appointments
- Assists with social media outreach
- Helps to maintain the cleanliness of the office
- At least one year of experience with EKGs and phlebotomy
- At least one year of front office experience
- Must have excellent phone etiquette
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Availability to work Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Availability to work some early mornings and evenings
- Medi-Weightloss® program discounts: After eligibility criteria have been met, you will be eligible to receive a 100% discount on medical weight loss services and 20% off all products. Immediate family members receive 50% off medical services.