Medi-Centrix offers a physician-focused approach to revenue cycle management, data extraction, and decision support. We help physicians navigate the healthcare landscape as it evolves and prepare you for participation in value-based care arrangements and bundled payment models. To ensure that our strategy and deliverables continue to address the most pressing needs of today's physician community, we rely on our Physician Advisory Board to provide valuable insights.
The AR Follow Up Representative is responsible for supporting the AR needs of the Customer Service department including collections, account follow up, billing and allowance posting for the accounts assigned to them.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses the MPower workflow system, client host system and other tools available to them to resolve accounts
- Follow-up with payers to ensure timely resolution of all outstanding claims issues, via phone, emails, fax or websites
- Ability to identify and correct medical billing errors
- Identify trends and issues and assist with developing solutions to improve collections process
- Initiate appeals when necessary
- Send appropriate appeals, accurate requesting information, supporting documentation, and effective communication to complete recovery process
- Ability to analyze, identify and resolve issues causing payer payment delays
- Perform special projects and other duties as needed. Assists with special projects by utilizing excel spreadsheets, and the ability to communicate results.
- Meets and maintains daily productivity and quality standards established in departmental policies
- Adheres to the policies and procedures established for the client/team
- Act as overflow assistance to the Call Center team during occasions of high call volume
- Act cooperatively and courteously with patients, visitors, co-workers, management and clients
- Use, protect and disclose patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Work independently from assigned work queues and Smart Feeds
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maintain a professional attitude
- Other duties as assigned by the management team
- 3 years’ experience in insurance collections, including submitting and following up on claims for a Medical Practice, Ambulatory Surgical Center, Hospital and/or other Medical Facility/Medical Billing Company preferred
- Physician/Professional Billing: 1 year
- Previous experience in Hospital/Facility or Physician billing
- Extensive knowledge of individual payor websites, including Navinet and Novitasphere
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, CPT Codes, Modifiers and Diagnosis Codes
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office. Must have basic Excel skillset
- Experience with GE Centricity or EPIC PB preferred
- Experience with EClinical Works (ECW) preferred
- Strong communication skills/oral and written
- Strong organizational skills
General Office Environment
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to move around the work area
- Sit; perform manual tasks; operate tools and other office equipment such as computer, computer peripherals and telephones; extend arms; kneel; talk and hear
- The employee must be able to follow directions, get along with others and handle stress
- The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal
Medi-Centrix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Medi-Centrix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We work in tandem with your existing EMR, practice management and billing systems—EpicTM, AllscriptsTM, CernerTM and GETM to name a few. The combination of our experienced team and proprietary technology drives efficiencies and cash collection improvements for your practice.
Our physician leadership team ensures transparency, up-to-date operational insights and provides a way for each physician utilizing our platform and solutions to actively network and communicate with our Leadership Team, Board of Directors and fellow members.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, expunged juvenile records, conviction or arrest record, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, military status, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, disability (including AIDS and HIV related illnesses) and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.