Must have 3+ years' experience as a senior accountant and/or accounting manager. Assistant.
Must have a BS degree in Accounting. This position reports the CEO/Owner and/or designee
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager to oversee and manage all accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. The Accounting Manager responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Accounting Manager combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. Duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks. Must be positive, outgoing, be a people person, self-starter, have a sense of urgency, and be a quick learner for a growing
Medi-Cal Consulting business in the Corona area. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient QuickBooks and Microsoft Office and other software programs, and good filing management skills.
● Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable
● Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
● Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
● Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
● Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
● Directly manage all accounts receivables
● Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
● Provide input into department’s goal setting process
● Prepare financial statements and assist in producing budgets according to schedule
● Assist CPA with tax audits and tax returns
● Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
● Responsible for all company billing activities
● Responsible for all payroll activities
● Responsible for capital assets reconciliations
● Proven experience as an Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, or Senior accountant
● Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
● In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
● Awareness of business trends
● Familiarity with financial accounting statements
● Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
● Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks
● Advanced MS Excel skills including pivot tables
● Accuracy and attention to detail
● Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
● BS degree in Accounting
● Relevant certification (e.g. CMA) will be preferred
Medi-Cal Consulting Services
Why Work Here?The goal of Medi-Cal Consulting Services, Inc. (MCS, Inc.) is to provide assistance to families seeking Medi-Cal benefits for loved ones. In order to meet our goal, MCS, Inc. has assembled a team of former Medi-Cal workers with 40 years of combined Medi-Cal eligibility experience. Our services are available statewide. Medi-Cal Consulting Services guarantees that with our services your loved one will be determined eligible to receive Medi-Cal benefits.
Great work environment and work schedule.