If you can commit to and live with the following principles, then you are the type of person who will be successful and help our company thrive. If you feel this level of engagement is not right for you or that you’re not willing or able to participate with us at this level, we are not a good fit for you.
Our expectation is that you will take the steps necessary to do what you say you are going to do and be accountable for your actions. In other words, live “Above the Line.”
We understand that not every person is ready for this level of performance, and we appreciate the honesty of those who decide this is not the right place for them. On the other hand, you would make an ideal candidate to join our company if you are willing to commit to the following Above the Line principles:
- Accountability: See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It
- Become part of the solution
- Respect for others and their feelings
- Act now!
- Ask the question: “What else can I do?”
- Ask the questions: “What coaching do you have for me?” and “What can I do better?”
- Personal ownership and pride
- Reject average Show others that you care
Reporting to the CEO, the Social Media Manager will develop and maintain comprehensive paid and non-paid social media and content strategies for Meddys to help grow business and increase traffic through a variety of online and social channels. This person will be the lead in all marketing campaign efforts having to do with public events, media appearances, advertising plans and grass-root marketing This person will also handle all in-house marketing efforts such as promotional flyers, pamphlets, and swags. This person will be responsible for all marketing and PR outreach for Meddys in order to promote and expand our brand and offerings.
The social media manager will also manage Meddys’ social media channels; identify and post relevant content; create new text-based, photographic and video content; and monitor 3rd party sites for Meddys-related mentions. The manager also will address inquiries made on Meddys’ social media accounts, ensuring Guests are satisfied with results and assist with developing and maintaining a social media calendar to coordinate social messaging. This position also will assist with the implementation of paid social media campaigns and will monitor campaign performance and suggest improvements.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and 2-3 years of experience in advertising, communications, marketing, or public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to create compelling content
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices and principles for both print and web projects
- Strong technical background with advanced computer skills
- Website design and management, updating current content as well as adding new content, links and pages on our website
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in an efficient manner
- Attention to details and time-sensitivity of projects
- Ability to conceptualizes innovative action plans based on strategic research to identify the best way to grow our brand
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, TweetDeck, and Social Mention.
- Experience working with the hospitality industry is a plus