Title: Senior Accountant
An excellent opportunity for a full-time experienced Senior Accountant at Medallion Bank. We are growing and need the assistance of an experienced Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting the Controller in accounting for its two growing consumer loan businesses and in ensuring proper controls and procedures. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Bank's Controller and will be an essential part of the Finance department.
• Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
• Assists Controller with financial decisions by monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
• Assist with public financial reporting and bank call reporting
• Assist with month-end close
• Protects assets by monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
• Monitors and confirms financial condition by providing information to external auditors
• Achieves budget objectives by analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Interface with management in various departments
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Experience accounting for a consumer loan portfolio
• CPA and/or master’s degree in Accounting preferred
• Strong technical accounting background
• At least five years general ledger accounting experience
• Accounting experience in a bank or financial services company is highly preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Team player
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
This position reports directly to the Controller and takes a lead on important accounting decisions that support the accounting department staff.
Medallion BankMedallion Bank specializes in non-prime recreation product and prime-credit home improvement contractor sales financing. As an FDIC-insured bank, we offer consistency and stability that can be difficult to find in consumer finance.