Neurology Veterinary Technician
- Expired: January 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
MedVet is a fast-growing Emergency and Specialty provider with practices nationwide. We help our patients receive advanced medical treatments and innovations. Things like chemotherapy and radiation, cardiac ablations, treatments for glaucoma, physical rehabilitation, dermatology and so much more! We are looking for collaborative and driven people to join our clinical team.
We thrive on people living out our core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion to get their job done. Use your passion to drive the MedVet experience for our clients and patients, as well as your teammates.
We are looking for:
Neurology Credentialed Veterinary Technician
In Neurology you can expect to be handle a variety of cases and run CT or MRI scans, as well as be involved in advanced neurological treatments and procedures. The skills needed for this department rely heavily on being a team player, compassionate and have a focus on excellent patient care.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in surgical procedures
- Client communications, scheduling and education over the phone and face to face
- Manage appointments, obtain histories and updated patient information
- Accurate and thorough documentation of medical records
- Assist with spinal and joint tap procedures, place IV catheters and perform venipuncture
Who you are:
- State Registered Veterinary Technician license required
- Prior veterinary experience required, previous neurology or radiology experience desired
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits, Vision and Dental
- HSA, FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- 401k with employer match
- Elective short-term disability and company paid long term disability
- Elective Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning on your first day
- Shift Differentials and On-call Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Pet Discounts and Pet Insurance
- Continuing education opportunities and assistance program
- Sign on Bonus available to Credentialed Veterinary Technicians
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
MedVet does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters.
Tags: RVT, Registered Veterinary Technician, Registered Vet Tech, Registered Vet Technician, Registered Veterinary Tech, CVT, Certified Veterinary Technician, Certified Vet Tech, LVT, Licensed Veterinary Technician, Licensed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Technician, Credentialed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Tech, Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Tech, Vet Tech, Vet Technician, Veterinary Assistant, Vet Assistant, Technician Assistant, Tech Assistant, Kennel Assistant, Kennel Technician, Kennel Tech, Animal Assistant, Veterinary Nurse, Vet Nurse
AnimalView all jobs at MedVet