Would you love to help our wonderful men and women in uniform? Ready to further your career?
If you want to become a part of this elite team of medical professionals, we invite you to apply!
MedTrust is searching for a Phlebotomy Technician , with experience to provide services at the Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, VA this is in anticipation of a government contract award.
- (Armed Services Blood Program (ASBP) and Blood Bank)
- Services shall be provided Monday through Friday, between the hours of 0500 and 1800 hours. Shift that can vary from day to day. Shift lengths can be from two (2) hours to 12 hours.
- Services may be required on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Email your resume and salary requirements to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our company is a growing, providing medical staffing solutions and services to commercial and government clients across the United States. With decades of experience as health-care managers we are committed to delivering the highest quality and technically skilled health-care professionals to our customers. We place Specialty Nurses, General Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Mental Health Professionals in short and long term contract assignments. A wide variety of clinical settings, ranging from clinics to acute care hospitals, are serviced in an array of exciting geographies, including Alaska.
Our Company is committed to quality in everything we do; from carefully matching our employee's skills with customer requirements to hiring processes that are Joint Commission compliant. Join a team whose business is built on a history of integrity, honesty, and reliability.
As a team member, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Federal Holidays
- CEU Reimbursement
- Collect blood samples from patients
- Practice proper patient identification, especially when working on hospital floors
- Label vials with patient names and dates
- Decipher the best method for drawing blood depending on the specific patient
- Transport all specimen samples to a nearby laboratory
- Centrifuge blood samples, depending on if this is allowed in the state you are working in
- Expect to work with a large number of patients varying in age and health status
- Practice infection control standards at all times when working with patients and equipment
- Possess experience as a phlebotomist for twelve (12) months within the preceding thirty-six (36) months.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation written within the last two (2) years attesting to the HCW's clinical skills. At least one (1) letter must be from a physician or supervisor who has personally observed and evaluated the HCW and who can attest to the HCW's clinical sk