Medical Scribe - Great Pre-Professional Clinical Experience
- Posted: March 10, 2023
Are you a premed, pre physician assistant student, or previous EMT/CNA/MA looking to gain valuable clinical hours seeking a role as a scribe? Consider a Medical Scribe position today and get real-world medical experience working side by side with a provider.
IMPORTANT: We are currently searching for candidates with weekday availability as well as early afternoon availability during the week!
Medical Scribe Position
MedScribes is in search of highly motivated candidates who are interested in health care and would like an opportunity to work directly with physicians, patients and the clinical care team. This is a non-clinical role, for which training is offered and certification is not required. A scribe is taught to work in person, with the physician during patient interactions to provide real time clinical documentation in and around the Triangle area of North Carolina. We have client sites in Orange, Durham, Johnston and Wake counties.
Site placement is based on a strong match of client needs and staff availability to meet the goal of creating a winning partnership.
Benefits for our Scribes:
- Dedicated on-site training tailored to support a strong foundation for success
- Integration on to a specific clinical team for direct exposure to patient-provider interactions.
- Scribes are able to work with multiple providers within a specialty to gain breadth and depth
- Scribes gain an understanding of medical decision making with patients, clinical workflow and team dynamics
- Opportunity to build relationships with clinicians that offer mentorship and strong letters of recommendation
- With consistency and experience, scribes master the use of the electronic health record, medical terminology and clinical documentation.
- Scribes have the ability to connect with former scribes and current peers to learn more about particular schools and the application process.
- Flexible scheduling to manage classes and work
- Test prep discount
- Growth opportunities are available for those who demonstrate skill and leadership.
Requirements for all scribe openings:
- Minimum age: 19 years old.
- Commitment to work: Minimum of 2-3 shifts/clinics per week, approximately 20 hours per week for 1 year
- Transportation: Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Typing skills: Minimum 60 words per minute.
- Education: College-level biology, anatomy, and/or medical terminology highly preferred.
- Experience: Exposure to clinical environment preferred, but not required.
- Personality: Motivated, eager to learn, customer-oriented, flexible.
- Physical Requirement: Able to stand for long periods of time and capable of documenting a patient encounter while standing or pushing a mobile computer.
Three typical schedules based on type of site. Candidates should be available to work some weekdays:
- Clinic opportunities - week day schedule with start times at 8a - 5pm
- Emergency Department opportunities - shifts are 8-10 hours in length with shift every day of the week. Morning shifts (e,g. 6a-3p, 7a-4p) Afternoons (e.g. 10a-6p, 11a-9, 2p-12a, Evenings (3p-12a, 5p-1a), and overnights (e.g. 10p-6a, 11p-7a, 9p-6a).
- Inpatient opportunities - shifts align with physician team rounding on patients, 7 days per week. Examples of shift times for this setting include: 5a-2p, 7a-5p, 5p-1a.
Note: These are examples and the specific schedule may vary slightly by specific department or site set up.
AddressChapel Hill, NC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?