- $60,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Staff Accountant is an integral part of the Finance team to provide financial analysis, accounting and planning/forecasting support to the Financial Analyst, Finance Supervisor, Finance Manager, Controller, and CFO. Responsible for assisting with the timely and accurate monthly accounting close functions, balance sheet reconciliations, annual audit and budgeting process. Assist in reviewing, reconciling, and analyzing data to ensure financial integrity of information reported and identification of trends. Assist in creating proformas and forecasting for Health Plan/Line of Business analysis for management decisions. Complete additional assignments and projects as required by the Financial Analyst, Finance Supervisor, Finance Manager, Controller, and CFO or other administrative team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform monthly accounting close procedures (including, but not limited to, preparing bank reconciliations, month-end Journal Entries, subsequent allocation entries, etc.) and balance sheet reconciliations
· Assist Financial Analyst in preparing Capitation Files and assigning G/L codes for posting
· Run and compile various weekly Claims Payments and Claims Payable reports for monthly tracking
· Maintain various sub-schedules to be used by Financial Analyst to prepare Financial Performance summaries by Health Plan
· Maintain various sub-schedules to be used by Financial Analyst to prepare Financial Performance summary with combined Health Plans
· Prepare and submit any additional requested reports to IPA Clients
· Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis as requested by the Controller, CFO and/or the client
· Prepare other financial packages and ad-hoc reports as need
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
3+ years of Physician Organization or Health Plan, Hospital Finance and/or Health Plan experience. Definitive understanding of provider and health plan contracting, delineation of risk, medical terminology and standard industry reimbursement methodologies required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Demonstrates strong understanding and experience using Excel (VBA’s, macros, Pivot tables, vlookup, hlookup), Power Point, MS Access and other Microsoft Office Systems required.
- Must have extensive experience with accounting close procedures and general ledger reconciliation
- Must be highly analytical and possess a strong grasp of finance concepts such as capital budgeting, discounted cash flow, financial statement analysis and forecasted.
· Crystal/SQL knowledge and experience is a plus.
· Knowledge of Mas200, EZ-Cap a plus.
· Experience in and knowledge of CPT, HCPC, DRG, ICD-9, ICD-10 and NDC coding is a plus.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, work accurately, meet deadlines and provide effective reporting is required.
· Excellent interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all levels within the organization.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Meets tight deadlines and provides accurate information.
· Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and manage modest projects successfully.
· Detail -oriented, excellent proof reading and editing skills.
· Must be able to learn unfamiliar concepts quickly
· Requisite poise, judgment, and trustworthiness to represent MSO to internal and external groups
· Must work effectively in a team environment and able a supportive contributor or leader in team matters. Must conduct him or herself professionally and be capable of developing and maintaining positive, service oriented relationships with all levels of healthcare professionals, both internal and external to VHS, as well as Board members, administration and others.
· Must be able to plan, coordinate and prioritize resources.
· Maintains information in a confidential manner and complies with HIPAA laws according to policy.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
· Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
· No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
MedPOINT ManagementThousand Oaks, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.