We are excited to announce the introduction of MedOptions Physician Services Network and want to invite you to learn more about it!
This network will allow psychiatrists to work part-time or full-time and have the opportunity to do provide different services (based on your interests).
Some of the services include:
- Direct patient care in Hospital setting
- Providing on-call service
- Performing decisional capacity evaluations
- Being a collaborating physician for our nurse practitioner
Every day, approximately 10,000 people in the United States turn 65 years old and about 25% of adults 65 and older have some type of mental health problem. The number of Americans with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias will grow each year. By 2025, the number of people age 65 and older with Alzheimer's disease is estimated to reach 7.1 million — a 40 percent increase from the 5.1 million age 65 and older affected in 2015. (Alzheimer’s Association website)
This increase has created a tremendous need for geriatric behavioral health services, particularly in nursing homes. MedOptions is the leading provider of these services to nursing home residents. We are making a difference and are seeking dynamic clinicians to join our team locally.
EDUCATION, LICENSING AND CREDENTIALING:
- M.D. or D.O. who has completed a residency in psychiatry or currently in a psychiatry residency
- Board certified or board eligible (within 3 years of completing residency)
- Holds a valid permanent license in practicing state(s) in accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of obtaining it
- State controlled substance license or in the process of obtaining it
- DEA Certificate or in the process of obtaining it
- Must be able to meet the credentialing requirements of MedOptions and the facilities assigned to. Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and other payers as necessary.