Compassionate On-Call Substance Abuse Counselor Needed!
MedMark services is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
MedMark, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At MedMark, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Title: Per Diem Substance Abuse Counselor (on-call)
Location: Fresno, CA
Schedule: M-F 5am-1:30pm (on-call)
Primary Job Function:
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients' progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients' achieving overall outcome.
Essential Job Functions:
- ASAM placement assessment
- Conducts quality assurance file reviews
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Provide individual counseling sessions
- 55% of each work day provide direct services to clients
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- CAC I, CACII, CADTP, CAODC or higher preferred
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Candidate must be currently registered or certified in the State of California with an established certifying agency and minimum of 1 year counseling experience