Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Home Visits- Fairfield, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Our Client
There is a care gap in America for those who need extra time with medical providers and easier access to care. Our client cares for this group—people perhaps much like your parents, neighbors, and elders in your community—those with multiple chronic conditions.
Our Client is transforming how healthcare is delivered to patients with complex medical situations. As a national medical group, we provide home-based medical services to simplify care for those who need it most.
Want to be a Rock Star in the lives of patients with complex, chronic conditions?
Imagine if you will….
You visit your small panel of patients in the comfort of their own homes. You spend all the time needed to ensure your patients' health issues are addressed. You create a friendly and trusting relationship with each patient and his or her family. You have the support of a collaborative, multidisciplinary clinical team who works in the field with you. And you do it all at no added cost to the patient.
What would you be in this role? A clinical Rock Star. That's what you'd be.
Sound too good to be true? It's not—and here's why.
Our client is not a fee-for-service practice. We profit only when we create successful patient outcomes and high levels of satisfaction for our patients. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality time caring for a smaller number of patients. Our business model allows us to give our patients all the time and care that they need.
And we've been very successful at this. Our client is now the nation's largest risk-based, in-home medical group, with operations in markets across the US.
As a nurse practitioner or physician assistant (AKA—Rock Star), you'll manage a small panel of patients with multiple, complex conditions, in partnership with a nurse care manager (RN). Our home visits typically last about 40 minutes (initial visits even longer), which allows you to talk to the patient, ask questions, complete medication management, provide disease education, and so on.
As a clinical rock star, you will:
- Perform comprehensive initial assessments for newly enrolled patients
- Manage patient care on a longitudinal basis, delivering proactive care to reduce unnecessary hospitalizations
- Diagnose, prescribe and treat patients, consistent with standard of care
- Partner with the patient's primary care provider and specialists to deliver integrated care
- Participate in a rotated on-call program for home-based patient support after-hours
- Efficient and thorough charting is key to this role
And there's more. In addition to the satisfaction of providing your patients with the best possible care, you'll personally benefit from:
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, including bonus program, market-leading paid time off, CME reimbursement, auto allowance, child care benefits, and more.
- A team-based clinical environment, working with clinicians who are passionate about fixing our broken system of care.
- High job satisfaction and a rewarding clinical model—In our outcomes-oriented model, we emphasize high-quality clinical outcomes, rather than the number of patients seen.
- Gaining geriatric expertise— invests in provider education, focusing on geriatrics and home-based medical care. You will be paired with a physician for mentoring and supervision.
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) accredited program
- 2+ years of clinical NP or PA experience preferred
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Current unrestricted NP or PA state license, and current state driver's license
- Passion for delivering care to patients with complex, chronic illnesses
- Willingness to conduct house calls
- Access to reliable transportation to conduct patient visits required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Motor Vehicle Safety policy.
HealthcareView all jobs at MedCentric