Accounts Payable Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Overall Purpose of The Job
The Accounts Payable Lead analyzes, verifies, and posts transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records. Analyzes investigates and correct accounting entries as needed. This position performs the reconciliation of complex transactions and specializes in the accounts payable area of accounting. Prepares payable and cash requirements reporting for management. This position requires a thorough understanding of the general ledger process. In addition, the Accounts Payable Lead is responsible for developing, maintaining, and updating accounts payable records for computer input. Provides work direction and review to AP Clerks. Responsible for assigned general ledger/month-end close responsibilities. Assists in managing the departmental workload, including shifting assignments among team members as necessary.
- Coordinate workflow and the transfer of accounts payable information with other departments.
- Provides work direction and training to AP Clerks as necessary
- Reviews the work of AP Clerks and provides feedback as appropriate
- Processes vendor invoices into Great Plains for multiples entities including three-way match, for multiple entities
- Prioritize payment of invoices for multiple entities according to cash availability and payment terms, including discounts when offered.
- Issue payments via wire, ACH, or check in original invoice currencies
- Maintains accounts payable, files, documentation, and system.
- Maintain, update and submit 1099’s to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Maintain and balance vendor statements.
- Maintain bank wire and ACH templates for multiple entities
- Create month end accounts payable accruals.
- Works closely with accounting team during month-end closing.
- Assigned account reconciliations including AP aging.
- Participates in process improvement efforts.
- Maintain all client and employee information that may be encountered either directly or indirectly while performing the job in strict confidence and in accordance with HIPAA and/or any other pertinent confidentially regulations.
- Ensure that all work instructions are complete and up-to-date.
- Analyze AP account postings for proper expense recording and correction as needed.
- Produce any cash reporting as needed
- Monitor multiple bank account balances for compliance with cash forecast
- Deposit checks received and forward deposit list to appropriate person for cash posting
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient excel skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to deliver results in a matrix reporting environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Multi-tasker, thrives in a high-pressure deadline-driven environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Change agent.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Required Work Experience
- Five years demonstrated effective accounts payable experience.
- Proven effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated competency with accounts payable and general ledger processes.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated competency using Great Plains, Microsoft (outlook, excel, word).
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or related field or AP certification
- Spanish/Portuguese is a plus
Travel / Rotation Requirements
- None required
International SOS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
4722 N 24th StreetPhoenix, AZ
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounts Payable Clerk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.