Joining a clinic can be like joining a family – a diverse group of personalities, spending their days under the same roof, working together and laughing together. The representatives at Med-X have been helping people in the northwest find their ideal work family for the past 35 years.
Med-X is always look for good talent, so why not reach out today and see what might be available. Let Med-X Staffing know what your ideal work environment would be so we can work on your behalf to improve and advance your career.
Med-X Staffing Services seeks to place two Medical Assistants for a clinic in the Tigard. Ideal experience may include Family Medicine and or Pediatrics. Must pay attention to details. Possess excellent time management and a high-level of customer service skills. Strong work ethics with a good attendance history. Maintain a positive, professional attitude at all times and work well under pressure. Position may require, on occasion, travel to a satellite office. Starting wages $18-21 per hour depending upon experience, skills, and references.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited MA program
- Current MA national credential, e.g. CMA (AAMA), RMA (AMT), NCCT NCMA, etc
- Current CPR/BLS required
Duties include but not limited to:
- Patient care, including the following: weight, height, vision screen, blood pressure, temperature.
- Assisting physician in whatever capacity they need.
- Preparing patient chart for physician; recording immunization information, patient visit information including results of tests performed.
- Route messages to physicians and from physicians to appropriate areas
- Sterilize instruments, set up suture kits, autoclave.
- Stock exam rooms with necessary products.
- Organize and order vaccines, information pamphlets, supplies, and samples (drugs, formula).
- Call/fax in prescriptions to pharmacies after obtaining physician approval.
- Clean exam room after patient leaves.
- Set up offices for physicians including sending out letters that the physicians have indicated.
- Patient correspondence including filling out immunization information and mailing to patient as requested, copying chart notes and sending as requested. Make phone calls to patients as requested by physician.
- Record temperature of lab refrigerators and freezers.
- Set up/dispense bilirubin lights and nebulizers.
- Order x-rays as needed per physician.
- Other duties as assigned