Med Career Solutions, LLC Spencer, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatrist interested in Inpatient and Outpatient duties for a hospital located in Spencer, IA.
- Inpatient and Outpatient obligations
- Start the day with Inpatient rounds, then move to outpatient around noon until 5 pm
- Outpatient clinic integrated within the Family Medicine Clinic
- Call 1:4
- Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible Psychiatrist Physician within 3 years of completing residency
- Must have IA license
The Multidisciplinary Behavioral Health Team:
- Psychiatrist focused on providing treatment specific to patients mental illness.
- Nurses who specialized in understanding mental illness and the patients’ needs and treatment plan.
- Triage Nurses who provide crisis assessment in the Emergency Department for patients experiencing acute mental health symptoms.
- Behavioral Health Techs who lead the activities and educational groups on the unit daily.
- Social worker who assists with treatment planning, assist patients and families access community resources, and also leads group therapy with patients.
- Substance use counselors available on weekdays to complete evaluations and placements when needed.
- Occupational Therapists are specially trained to assist with coping skills for stressors in daily living.
- Dietitians who assist with nutritional needs and provide an educational group on healthy eating.
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Loan assistance available upon signing
Population 11,700. K-6 elementary schools, 3 public, 1 Catholic, 1 Lutheran School. Public junior high and high school. 2-acre outdoor Aquatic Center. YMCA with 2 indoor pools, running track, handball courts, gymnasium and a Nautilus Center. 20 miles from the Iowa Great Lakes (Okoboji) which offers boating, skiing, fishing and many other recreational activities. The area is home to over 15 golf courses. Spencer has an “art district” as well as many theater and other cultural opportunities between Spencer and the Iowa Great Lake