The Applications Systems Analyst provides support and configuration for packaged and custom Mecklenburg County applications. The incumbent implements and supports technology for business applications including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Finance and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems in addition to other Line of Business (LOB) applications used by the organization. Specific responsibilities include installing vendor application packages, application configuration, data analysis, data cleansing, application monitoring, root cause analysis and general troubleshooting.
Provide end-to-end support of existing applications, both internally developed, and vendor provided. Support IT staff through programming efforts and modifications needed for applications and automated processes. Assist in the development of procedures including the creation of documentation to support those procedures. Assist IT and other departmental staff in reviewing, analyzing and evaluating business processes and end user needs to support business requirements. Assess, test and implement software (including version updates) and security patches to supported third party applications.
- Provide support for business applications within the enterprise
- Provide setup and configuration of applications
- Develop recommendations for enhancing approaches for software support services
- Analyze performance of program and acts to correct deficiencies
- Participate in the development and implementation of processes that improve efficiency and enhance productivity
- Coordinate the implementation of software updates with staff.
- Work with software vendors to understand, configure, enhance, and support software products.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
Experience: Seven years of experience with set up, configuration, and support of specific business application packages including ERP, CRM, FINANCE and other LOB applications.
- Experience and knowledge with Enterprise Content Management Systems
- Solid understanding of the overall ECM Environment/Architecture and how to troubleshoot.
- Experience onboarding new and supporting existing Hyland OnBase user groups to complement their business processes
- Familiarity with taxonomy, keywords, and business processes complimenting the OnBase Solution and existing user groups here at Mecklenburg County
- Experience with OnBase System Administration
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with OnBase and other diagnostic tools for monitoring environment and services
- Willingness to continue to building knowledge of Workflow design, configuration, and training for Workflow users
- Experience with OnBase Design Studio configuration
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Server Administration, knowledge of basic server components like IIS Services and Security
- Experience with and ability to understand Hyland OnBase modules, track usage, understand client-side software and licensing requirements for:
- Scanning (Batch, OCR)
- Bar Code Generation
- Document Import
- Workflow Timers, Development and Administration
- Document Composition
- Distribution Services
- Application Enabler
- Autofill Keywords
- Active Directory Interface
- Ability to understand Mecklenburg County organizational structure, user base and functions
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience working with Hyland OnBase reseller model, including budgeting for license costs and maintenance on an annual basis.
- Experience with bolt-on products such as Northwoods Pilot. System Administration of Pilot, integration with OnBase and maintenance/upgrade strategy is a huge plus.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: HTML, Java, ASP.Net
- Current software development and support technologies, trends, and methodologies
- Software configuration
- Monitoring and optimizing performance
- Configuration management
- System support using multiple tools, operating systems, languages, and methodologies.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration: Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains good working relationships.
- Customer Focus: Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafts and implements service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.