Mechanical Systems Company LLC, a fully licensed Mechanical and Plumbing contractor based in Memphis, TN, who focuses on working with commercial and industrial customers, is looking for a candidate with the right mix of technical and interpersonal skills.
We have an immediate need forSheet Metal Riding Superintendentto join our team!
Primary Job Function:To manage all onsite activities related to all mechanical construction projects. To supervise multiple sheet metal superintendents, who oversee manpower to build mechanical construction projects. Is responsible for the direction and coordination of these assigned personnel, while carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving concerns.
Reports to: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Hours:40+ hours per week, overtime as required
Benefits:Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), Paid Vacation & Holidays, Paid Sick Time, Supplemental Insurance including Disability, 401K, Company Vehicle, Cell Phone & Tablet
- Minimum 10 years on the similar position in mechanical contracting industry
- Experience with projects exceeding $1M on a single project
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Must pass drug and background screens
- Knowledge of local codes and use of all power tools
- Basic computer proficiency, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Time and people management skills
- Be able to accurately project and plan for manpower needs
- Ability to kneel, crouch, crawl, frequently lift/move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift/move up to 100 lbs.
- Problem Solving
- Senior Project Management
- Customer Service / Interpersonal Skills
- Exceptional Communication both verbal & written
- Strategic Thinking
Mechanical Systems Company, LLC