Sr. HVAC Commercial Service Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position requires working in the field on jobsites with large commercial HVAC equipment that is installed in critical environments. Equipment types include package units, water source heat pumps, VRF systems, pumps, boilers, and VFDs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Startup, service and troubleshoot commercial HVAC equipment.
- Work on rooftop equipment, off ladders, tight or confined mechanical rooms and equipment spaces
- Effectively diagnose and correct refrigeration and controls issues on equipment
- Read and follow equipment electrical wiring diagrams
- Learn proprietary equipment control sequences for represented products
- Communicate status reports and findings with owners, contractors and MPSW staff
- Provide organized and timely documentation - electronic work orders, startup and service reports
- Complete parts and material inventories as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Commercial HVAC
- EPA Certification (Universal)
- Must be self-motivated, ability to work with limited supervision and make accurate decisions quickly
- BAS Controls exposure preferred
- Brazing experience preferred
- Must have strong electrical and refrigeration diagnostics skills
- Must have above average troubleshooting skills, technical and strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Highly motivated, organized with outstanding work ethic. Exceptional professionalism.
- Strong customer and internal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well within a team or independently
- Strong time management, able to multi-task and is reliable
- Demonstrates integrity and strong work ethic
- Must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record and be 25 years of age for insurance purposes
- Ability to lift 75lbs or more
- Ability to work outside in extreme temperatures
- Ability to occasionally stand and walk for long periods of time on construction sites as needed
- Ability to climb stairs or ladders approximately 30 feet throughout the day on a construction site
- Ability to work off of ladders and in tight, confined spaces
- Ability to wear a safety harness
Monday - Friday, 7am - 4pm; Overtime will be required for afterhours, nights, weekends, and on-call rotation work schedule.
- Major Medical (PPO and HSA), Dental and Vision coverage - Employer pays 100% of Employee premiums (30 day waiting period)
- Employer HSA contribution of $600 per quarter
- Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability – 100% Employer-paid
- Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor starts on hire date
- Vacation – 2 weeks the first year
- Paid Sick – 5 days per year
- Holidays – 9 days per year
- Personal Day – 1 day per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company truck, fuel card, cell phone, computer, and major tools - provided as applicable
- Factory technical training classes as available - travel and cost covered by employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Pre-employment Drug Test required; We E-verify.
No Agencies, Third Parties or Phone Calls, please.
Our experienced technical sales team includes sales engineers with mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering degrees, professional engineering stamps and many years of collective experience. Our sales engineers provide design assistance for consulting engineers and design build contractors including equipment sizing, application and energy analysis. When providing equipment to contractors or owners, the inside sales team supports the entire sales cycle from submittal to order entry, delivery to startup and closeout.
Equipment startup and long-term support is accomplished by our service and parts departments. The experienced service team includes factory-certified and trained technicians to ensure proper startup and commissioning of every product MPSW represents.
Mechanical Products Southwest, Inc.Why Work Here?
Excellent company culture, benefits and opportunities for growth!
MPSW is an independent HVAC Equipment and Solutions provider in Arizona. Our company has two offices and over 70 employees, with headquarters in Phoenix. We are proud members of ASHRAE and other professional societies. We represent over 30 manufacturers, offering innovative systems with a flexibility of equipment and solutions to best match each application. We work with industry professionals and end users from the conceptual stage to completion of projects to provide energy efficient, value‐added solutions to their complex problems.
2620 E. Rose Garden LanePhoenix, AZ
ConstructionView all jobs at Mechanical Products Southwest, Inc.