- Posted: 21 days ago
This full-charge position is directly responsible for managing multiple medium to large-scale projects designed and/or approved by Mechanical Engineering & Construction Corporation through to completion and delivering each project on time within budget. Assignments generally include such types of work as preparing reports, maintaining records, securing vendor pricing, processing purchase orders, approving invoices, processing change orders, maintaining logs, and maintaining correspondence with owner representatives.
Responsible for Cost of Goods on all assigned jobs. Maintains, and reviews all RFIs, submittals, substitution requests, change proposals, project schedules, project budgets, purchase orders, and invoices for multiple projects. Analyzes projects to determine scope, cost, and scheduling requirements.
- Will obtain permits from both General Contractors and local jurisdictions.
- Arranges for returns of unused materials to vendors and ensures credit has been issued.
- Obtains drawings from General Contractors and distributes to necessary personnel.
- Travels to multiple job locations as needed
- Attends meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or similar field preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years as a Project Manager in commercial HVAC mechanical construction industry on projects $350k+.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have working knowledge of mechanical plan and spec and design/build industry
- Ability to use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives
- Computer literacy including strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet research, and other software applications.
- Heavy emphasis on organizational skills and written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Must be a team player and self-starter
- Ability to complete tasks in timely fashion
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Able to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of solutions and approaches to problems
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Typical office conditions
- High-level of confidentiality for company projects and policy
- High-level of professional conduct both internally and externally with clients and vendors
- Periodic travel to multiple job locations
- May be subjected to inclement weather and hazardous working conditions at job sites
“Mechanical Engineering & Construction Corporation (MEC2) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, hairstyle, marital or family status, physical or mental disability, uniformed service, military status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.”
Gmail Users: If you do not receive a confirmation email after completing your application, please check your Spam folder just in case the confirmation email was delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select the confirmation message and click Not Spam, which will allow future messages to get through. For assistance, please contact the Human Resources department at 443-200-1000.
Mechanical Engineering and Construction Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?