HVAC Startup Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
MCI seeks an HVAC Startup Service technician with 5 years of hands-on experience in the service and startup of Commercial HVAC Equipment. The position reports to the Startup Manager.Company Overview
As a full-service mechanical subcontractor since 1948, MCI is singularly focused on providing exceptional quality in the design, installation, and service maintenance of building systems to our customers. As an employer, MCI looks to provide our team members unique opportunities for challenge and individual growth through exciting projects, a safe working environment, and a comprehensive work-life balance. We aren't looking to hire just anyone; we look for great people with excitement for their careers to join our growing teams. If you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider MCI, and apply today!
The skillsets are very similar, but there are some notable differences.
- Startup does not require on-call hours.
- Startup Technicians work to install unit accessories and prep units for in-house or factory startup on construction job sites, versus existing occupied facilities.
- Startup Technicians do not perform Preventative Maintenance.
- Startup Projects require more focus on relationship development with the General Contractor along with customer service. Startup of new equipment could span multiple months.
- Startup requires more attention to detail and paperwork, as well as dealing with manufacturer requirements and/or defects, and coordination with construction Project Management teams.
- Most Startup will have more communication with BAS controls teams, electricians, and fire alarm contractors.
- Flexible hours, while still offering a full workweek with overtime opportunities.
- Performs pre-functional inspections/checklists and start-up of commercial HVAC systems.
- Performs installation, diagnostic, and repairs on systems at the time of startup and warranty period.
- Interprets blueprints, submittal data, and installation/operation manuals to provide complete startup per manufacturer's recommendations.
- Documents work by completing all paperwork on each job for each piece of equipment.
- Assist installation mechanics in completing and mounting of field-installed devices on equipment prior to start-up as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Work with Commissioning agents as required and complete required documentation.
- Must possess a current valid driver's license and must be able to pass a drug test and comprehensive background check.
- Must have experience with standard operations and maintenance of HVAC systems.
- Must have extensive knowledge in the construction and operation of various HVAC systems including but not limited to DX systems, water-based cooling, and heating system.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the service/startup of HVAC equipment ranging from CSC, split systems, pumps, VAV boxes, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and related tasks and functions.
- Must have controls experience both hands-on (wiring concepts) and with controls software.
- Must have current knowledge of common installation codes and practices.
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience with CX Alloy or similar software is highly preferred.
Personal Characteristics and Expectations
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Communicates well with co-workers.
- Strong customer interaction.
- Must be willing to work variable hours.
- Ability to travel if needed.
Because we ask for your best, we also look to provide the best back to you.
Our comprehensive benefits include options for the “now” and the “later.” MCI healthcare options include medical, dental, & vision insurance. Work/life benefits include a generous PTO plan based on years of service, Short- and Long-Term disability, and individual and partner life insurance. Plan for your future with our 401k program (with an absurd company match if we do say so ourselves), and the unique opportunity to be a part of our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Employee-ownership means that you don't just work at MCI, you own a piece of MCI. You contribute your ideas, effort, and teamwork to increase the company's performance and profitability, which then goes back to you as a shareholder. ESOP participants have 2.2 times as much in retirement plans and 20% more financial assets overall compared to non-ESOP companies. We can't make you rich overnight, but if you make a commitment to MCI, our ESOP ensures that our success is your success.
Mechanical Contractors (MCI)
ConstructionView all jobs at Mechanical Contractors (MCI)